This position is closed or expired.
See other Architecture jobs
Omrania and Associates
Technical supervision of architectural construction works in a senior capacity for a major hotel and resort project, comprising a 5 star hotel, conference centre, spa and retail area and exclusive villas as part of a large multidisciplinary construction supervision team. Responsibilities will include, but will not necessarily be limited to:
• Review and approval of contractor’s materials submittals comprising technical literature, samples and mock-ups as appropriate to ensure compliance with design specifications.
• Review and approval of contractor’s shop drawing submittals to ensure compliance with the design intent.
• Direction and supervision of engineering inspectors in quality control inspection of materials and workmanship of installation to ensure compliance with design specifications.
• Monitoring of contractor’s progress of works to ensure timely execution of work in accordance with the project schedule and in coordination with the work of other trades and disciplines.
• Attendance as required at site progress and technical meetings to resolve technical issues.
Suitable candidates will have a Bachelor degree in architecture and a minimum of 10 years experience since graduation, some of which would preferably have been gained in the Middle East.
A thorough knowledge of all aspects of the building design process, including in-depth knowledge of architectural construction and finishing materials and their application as well as knowledge of construction detailing and the preparation of design documentation, including schedules and specifications is essential. An understanding of other engineering requirements of building projects and the coordination of these into the construction process is also an essential aspect of the position.
Candidates must be conversant with international codes and standards for building design and construction and be familiar with construction quality assurance/quality control procedures.
Self-motivation, a flexible approach and the ability to work within a multi-cultural environment are all qualities important to making a success of the position.
About the Company
Omrania & Associates (O&A) is an architectural and engineering consultancy with more than 35 years experience as one of the leading consulting and design firms in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. With offices in Riyadh, Amman and Bahrain, O&A offers a range of services in the fields of Town Planning, Architecture, Engineering and Project Management, from initial feasibility studies, through building programme development, architecture and engineering design to construction management and supervision.