This position is closed or expired.
See other Accounting jobs
A multinational Oil & Gas company is looking to hire a Senior Accountant for their IRAQ-Basra Operation.Candidate should have full spectrum of the accounting functions and all aspects
The Candidate will be responsible for
- Shared services in financial and management reporting
- Cost accounting activities in Iraq facility and project start up spending for Iraq Entity.
- Statutory accounting including annual returns and filing to Corporate,
- General ledger accounting
- Accounts payables functions
- Accounts receivables functions (including invoicing and treasury functions)
- Fixed asset accounting
- HFM reporting for Iraq Entity (multiple divisions)
- Iraq Facility AFE spending tracking and reporting
- Iraq Project SG&A and Start Up cost tracking and reporting
- Responsible for preparing, reviewing and analyzing the variances between actual and budget/forecast results.
- Actively involved in project sales and operations strategic planning and be part of the team.
- Liaising with Iraq facility operation and in-country finance team.
- Liaising with external auditors on annual statutory accounts and Sarbanes-Oxley audit
- Controlling, completing and auditing business practices in the ICAD system.
- Liaise with external auditors and tax agents for statutory reporting and tax returns.
- Any other financial related functions as directed by immediate superior and/or the Middle East Controller.
Qualifications/Education and Knowledge Requirements
- Min. Bachelor in Accounting/Finance or equivalent
- 5-6 years of relevant experience in Manufacturing environment and 2-3 years in one of audit big four firm.
- Proficient in US GAAP, Iraq Taxation and using MS Office.
- Strong ERP experience. SAP Experience and working in oil and gas industries will be an advantage.
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong Analytical skills
- Proactive in works and could work independently with little supervision.
- Good Judgment and problem-solving skills
- Stress tolerance
- Must Be Arabic Speaker & Iraqi National .Basra resident or willing to relocate to Basra.
- Willing frequent travel between Finance offices in UAE and Iraq
About the Company
Parker Consult is the fastest growing Management Consultancy in the Middle East. We provide world class services such as Executive Search and Selection, Consultancy and Training through our centrally located office in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Ever since starting operations, the organization has witnessed rapid growth purely achieved through firm business relations and quality service delivery. Our market knowledge in the region put together with quality consultants and excellent infrastructure has enabled us to build a strong portfolio of clients which include MNC's and local firms.