This position is closed or expired.
See other Logistics jobs
Supply Chain Manager
• Responsible for all supply chain activities, including procurement / sourcing, demand planning, supply planning, inventory, and logistics for all countries in CASIA Zone with a special focus on Afghanistan. This will include the design and implementation of sourcing and logistics strategies to support the company’s growth and profitability targets accordance with my client’s policies, practices and procedures.
• Develops and executes strategic sourcing and procurement policies, processes, procedures, training, performance measures and systems.
• Drives contract negotiation and process changes, implementing sustainable cost controls, including collaboration with Finance to validate the impact of proposed projects. Negotiates agreements with suppliers regarding best terms, price, warranties, delivery, quality, and lowest overall cost
• Develops and drives low-cost sourcing strategies, aligning strategy and business practices with Zone Management
• Monitor the performance of the Supply Chain department in the Zone and Countries by creating appropriate KPIs, taking corrective actions in areas where performance falls below the required standard
• Drives deployment of cost reduction/profit improvement plans with suppliers that directly impact yearly performance and generate cash savings to achieve business goals
• Management of a Central Ware House as a supply and transit platform for the region and 2 satellites Warehouses in Afghanistan. Recruit, train and manage the dedicated Central Warehouse team.
• Identify and use the best routes between the selected sources and CASIA zone countries.
• Provide support to specific needs (commercial tenders, import / export process )
• Salary 30k + housing
• Degree-level education in relevant discipline (Business / Logistics / Supply Chain management).
• Minimum of 5-7 years of successful purchasing & supply chain management experience in food activities. Facility Management experience would be a plus.
• Knowledge of Afghanistan and exposure to military standards would be a plus
• Capacity to travel within the zone on a regular basis and manage the local Purchasing structures.
• Excellent cost control management and low-cost procurement background.
• Ability to tailor processes and procedures, to create, implement and maintain KPI monitoring tools
• Strong experience of sea, land and air freight specificities
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
• Team player, integrity, determination, client oriented
• Fluent English, Arabic would be a plus & strong computer skills.
• One should be based in Dubai
About the Company
Kobaltt MENA are leaders in recruitment across Technical, Construction, Property, Supply Chain & Logistics, Facilities Management, Sales & Marketing and Accounting & Finance Markets. We enjoy long established client relationships with an in-depth knowledge of the MENA and International Market, offering candidates reputable career prospects.
With established Middle East regional offices located in Abu Dhabi, Doha and Dubai, Kobaltt is providing a specialist range of permanent and contract recruitment services to the construction, property and engineering, Supply Chain & Logistics, Oil & Gas, accountancy and finance sectors.
Our team has over 25 years accumulative years of experience being based in the GCC with established client networks and candidate profiles.