Site Manager – Cooling Tower Installation
Sommerman Skinner Associates (SSA Limited)
This position’s primary purpose is to manage the field activities of all Middle East Evaporative Cooling projects. You will be dealing with between 5 – 6 Projects. Typical Value between $500,000 - $1,500,000. You will be reporting directly to the Project Management team based in Germany and the GM based in UAE.
Ensuring that all field activities are completed in a timely and cost-effective manner, meeting the required quality standard, and serving as the customer’s main coordination partner for the on-site activities. This role is responsible for resolving project problems in a timely manner, and maintaining project quality and adherence to schedule and budget. The role includes coordination with international project managers and local service partners. The position closes out each project after ensuring the completion of all required work and documents and gaining a signed approval from clients. The position communicates very effectively to ensure the satisfaction of both customers and internal resources.
ACTIVITIES / TASKS / SCOPE
• Manage relationships with clients and service partners and ensure we are meeting contractual obligations in terms of projects completions.
• Carry out the supervision and assembly works for Cooling Towers projects in the Middle East & Africa Regions as assigned by the Management
• Ensure all service related issues are resolved in a timely manner.
• Visit project’s sites to ensure maximum performance. More frequently as required.
• Hold regular conference calls with the projects team to discuss performance.
• Liaise with authority to gain projects approval
• Work closely with team to close all open issues.
• Direct, manage and motivate the project’s team
• Establish relationships with local suppliers & vendors and ensure the services provided are up to company’s standards
• Establish working relationships with our clients and ensure that each project has a documented sign off of the works.
• Build up a good relationship with distributors, contractors and consultants
• Effectively monitoring and controlling of project cost
• Periodical follow-up and summary of project progress
• Change order and claims management
• Initiate and drive a successful Lessons Learned process to inform other projects and/or the proposal managers of new projects
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education and experience, preferably in engineering
• Experience in the cooling/ manufacturing industry or similar
• Minimum 2-3 years of Operations, Field Support or related experience in Cooling Systems
• Experience in accounting, engineering, construction management, and/or supply chain preferred
CERTIFICATION / OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and Project
• Experience with SAP preferred
• Project scheduling experience preferred
• Ability to travel up to 60-80 percent of the time
• Solid base of leadership skills
This role comes with an excellent tax free package and benefits.
About the Company
About the Company
SSA Ltd. (Sommerman Skinner Associates) find out the detail to allow you to make qualified judgments about your career and its progression. On the companies that we represent (over 2000 spread across a diverse spectrum of industry) we will be able to inform you of contracts pending, awarded, company growth, opportunity, relative reward and internal prospects. We believe that through spending time and effort front end through interviewing or individual dedication we can offer real advice that will be valued. Our founder is degree qualified with extensive exposure to industry and with a career also behind him in Recruitment Management. Our team is made up of qualified construction professionals. We specialise in both permanent and freelance opportunities to qualified construction professionals.
Disciplines covered include:
Site Engineers, Site Agents, Project Managers, Contracts Managers, Quantity Surveyors, Commercial Managers, Planners, Safety, Purchasers, Estimators and Design Executive.