The Accounting Specialist is responsible for providing proper book keeping and reconciling the books of account in order to support the effective provision of high quality accounting services across the business.
- Processes ledger and booking entries according to stated procedures so that all transactions are recorded in a timely and accurate manner.
- Identifies, investigates and rectifies routine errors and anomalies in input data so that all financial data can be relied upon.
- Monitors accounting procedural compliance by subordinates and employees to ensure that all systems are adhered to in support of the achievement of business objectives.
- Reports major problems and areas of non-compliance to the accounting manager in order to ensure that a high level of accounting management and control is maintained and issues are resolved in a timely manner.
- Oversees maintenance of data related to specific accounting functions in order to ensure that accurate and up to date records are established and maintained. - Analyses ledgers and accounts to allow the reconciliation of financial data according to stated schedules so that the company remains aware of its financial position on an ongoing basis and the statutory reports are produced within legislative time limits.
- Prepares reports from statistical and financial information according to stated schedules so that all required information is available for review in a timely manner.
- Prepares non-routine financial data for management attention as requested in order to support management decision-making.
Qualifications, Experience, Knowledge:
- University Degree in Business Administration with emphasis on Accounting or Finance.
- A minimum of 0-2 years experience in a similar field.
- Good understanding of accounting systems and procedures.
- Well developed professional accounting knowledge and expertise in own area Good analytical skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in excel, access and word
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- Working with people
- Writing and reporting
- Learning and researching
- Delivering results and meeting customers expectations
- Planning and organising
- Following instructions and procedures
- Coping with pressure and setbacks
About the Company
Azadea Group is a premier fashion and lifestyle retail company that owns and operates more than 50 leading international franchise concepts across the Middle East, North Africa, Asia and Europe. Since its inception in 1978, the Group has grown a substantial chain of stores representing leading international brand names in fashion and accessories, food and beverage, home furnishing, sporting goods and multimedia.With over 11,000 employees, the company boasts a solid infrastructure overseeing more than 600 stores spread across 15 countries including Algeria, Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Ghana, Iraq, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman, Pakistan, Qatar and United Arab Emirates.