Accounts Receivable Accountant – Shared Services Finance
Al Futtaim Group
Shared Services Finance is a department under Group Finance handling the entire back office related to accounting and auditing for Dubai Festival City, Electronics, Engineering & Technologies and the Head Office Companies. SSF handles Accounts Receivables, Accounts Payables, General Ledger Accounting, Bank Reconciliations, monthly and annual closing and audits for the above mentioned groups.
We are currently looking to recruitÂ an experienced Accounts Receivable AccountantÂ to be based in our Dubai office.
In this role you will be responsible for:
* Release of sales orders after due diligence
* Processing of credit notes after verification
* MIS reports and Analysis with proper highlights
* Rebate analysis and preparing GL schedules
* Maintenance of customer master, opening customer codes after review appraisal of customers creditworthiness
* Liaison with treasury/business for remittances and posting entries
* Sending Dunning notices to Customers for overdue payments
* Sending regular balance confirmations requests, updating the status/reconciliation of customer accounts
* Co-ordination with sales team for matching and clearing of invoices
* Periodic Credit review and Appraisal of customer account
* Document submission to HR and Admin department for Police action against delinquent customers.
* Maintain log of Manual Books (Invoices & receipts) is maintained & complete tracking of invoices upon submission by users
* Administration of credit insurance viz applying for limits, provide feedback to business for refusal or conditional approvals
* AR review meetings with sales team
* Handle internal and external auditors
To be successful in winning this role, you must have the following skills and experiences:
* B.com with CA/ICWA inter qualification preferred
* Minimum 3 years of relevant Accounts Receivable experience with proven GCC regional experience
* Excellent verbal and written English communication skills essential
* Verbal and written Arabic capability will be considered as a distinct advantage
* Strong organizational skills with effective follow-through capability is important
* Needs to be fully proficient in Microsoft Office Tools (Word, Excel)
* Attention to detail and a methodical approach to record keeping and reporting
* Behavioural Competencies: A confident self starter with the ability to think clearly under pressure, deliver measurable results under tight timelines and confidently manage multiple customers of Shared Services Finance.
About the Company
About the Company
Established in the 1930's, the Al-Futtaim Group initially operated as a trading enterprise. Rapid development throughout the 1940's and 50's saw it establish itself regionally as an integrated commercial, industrial and services organisation, positioning itself one of the leading business houses in the lower Gulf region. Today, it operates collectively over 40 companies bearing the Al-Futtaim name, dominates many market segments in the UAE, and has expanded its sphere of operation to include Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman and Egypt.
The Group comprises a diverse range of strategically positioned operating subsidiaries and associate companies, structured to give the Al-Futtaim Group the flexibility and versatility to keep ahead of local competition while keeping pace with the ever-evolving global business scenario. The Group’s continued investment in world-class systems technology is clear evidence of its commitment to maintain leading edge performance and service delivery.
The success of the Al-Futtaim Group can be attributed to a business approach that combines the ability to change with the traditional values of integrity, service and social responsibility that define its core business philosophy. This, linked with the Group’s belief in decentralisation, gives the heads of the operating companies a high degree of functional autonomy and authority, providing the Group with essential flexibility, and individual employees a clearly defined work culture and sense of responsibility.