Administrative Assistant – Automotive Corporate
Al Futtaim Group
Al-Futtaim is regarded as a pioneer in the Gulf region's Automotive industry and encompasses every aspect of the Automotive business; from passenger and commercial vehicles and construction equipment sales and service, to used car sales and rental and leasing. The Automotive Division is currently embarking on an aggressive 5 years expansion plan.
Administrative assistant is responsible to provide high-level, confidential and extensive support to the Director and Senior Management which will require a total understanding of the role, objectives and responsibilities of the Business Area and a thorough knowledge of the Group structure, policies and activities.
Reports to: Director Human Resources - Automotive
* Support to Director and General Managers
* In all instances, the Administrative Assistant (AA) should divert as much of the routine/less complex matters as possible away from the General Managers thereby leaving them free to concentrate on business critical matters
* In all matters ensure that the managers' preferred style and wishes are conveyed clearly and concisely
* Anticipate the needs of the General Managers' and act accordingly.
* Independent management of the diary of Senior Management which includes scheduling/rescheduling appointments. Ensuring the General Managers are always in the correct place on time with all relevant papers, research, and information for meetings.
* Arrange interviews for candidates with the General Managers and other key managers and gather interview feedback
* Organise a wide range of meetings, functions, lunches, conferences etc, both at internal and external venues which may involve influential contacts overseas. Liaise with internal/external contacts, visiting and vetting locations, agreeing dates, menus, prices etc.
* Compile agendas, prepare briefs, circulate papers for meetings.
* Assist GM's in the preparation of presentation materials.
* Initiate and maintain a first class filing system.
* Undertake a wide variety of administrative duties, e.g. record keeping, maintaining budget figures, expenses etc.
* Responsibility for booking all travel arrangements and accommodation, planning full itineraries, where necessary arranging travel facilities, visas, medical requirements, etc. for the Director and any Senior members in his team.
* Receive incoming mail (both hard copy and email) - open, read and decide which items need to be prioritised and dealt with.
* Monitor incoming correspondence (both hard copy and email) and reports - highlighting pertinent items or issues, prioritising, and where appropriate making recommendations for action.
* Review and summarise miscellaneous reports and documents; prepare background documents and outgoing mail as necessary
* Transcribe from dictation correspondence, reports and other sensitive and confidential material
* Act as the main reference point both in the presence and absence of the General Managers. Respond and help to resolve any inquiries and requests
* Understand organisational policies and procedures necessary to ensure appropriate decision-making protocols are followed
* Handle confidential information in a professional and discreet manner.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for the coordination of activities (operations and planning) and ensuring timely flow of information to and from the executive office. The ideal candidate will be experienced in handling a wide range of administrative and executive support related tasks and will be able to work independently with little or no supervision. S/he handles details of a highly confidential and critical nature, and must function efficiently and effectively in a fast-paced professional environment. S/he will have a proven ability to independently manage multiple tasks and projects with competing priorities and deadlines, screen and prioritise communications and opportunities from external and internal sources, and organise and maintain administrative processes is essential to this position. In addition s/he will be responsible for coordinating and preparing presentations and materials and most is able to work with and bring together cross-functional coordination between programs and departments. The ideal candidate will be dynamic, high-energy, well organised, flexible and able to support cross-functional coordination in a fast pace environment and possess excellent judgment. S/he will be required to be available during regular business hours, evenings and/or weekends, on occasion/as needed to provide support and assistance to the Director/ General Managers. The ability to interact with staff (at all levels) in a fast paced environment, sometimes under pressure, remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient, with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality is crucial to this role. Expert level written and verbal communication skills, strong decision making ability and attention to detail are equally important.
About the Company
About the Company
Established in the 1930's, the Al-Futtaim Group initially operated as a trading enterprise. Rapid development throughout the 1940's and 50's saw it establish itself regionally as an integrated commercial, industrial and services organisation, positioning itself one of the leading business houses in the lower Gulf region. Today, it operates collectively over 40 companies bearing the Al-Futtaim name, dominates many market segments in the UAE, and has expanded its sphere of operation to include Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman and Egypt.
The Group comprises a diverse range of strategically positioned operating subsidiaries and associate companies, structured to give the Al-Futtaim Group the flexibility and versatility to keep ahead of local competition while keeping pace with the ever-evolving global business scenario. The Group’s continued investment in world-class systems technology is clear evidence of its commitment to maintain leading edge performance and service delivery.
The success of the Al-Futtaim Group can be attributed to a business approach that combines the ability to change with the traditional values of integrity, service and social responsibility that define its core business philosophy. This, linked with the Group’s belief in decentralisation, gives the heads of the operating companies a high degree of functional autonomy and authority, providing the Group with essential flexibility, and individual employees a clearly defined work culture and sense of responsibility.