1. Supervise and plan work schedule of Trialists and agronomists.
2. Ensure Plant health is at optimum levels at all times.
3. Ensure hay and silage quality id not reduced in any way through insect and weed competition.
4. Adhere to crop input targets as set out in crop inputs budget.
5. Maintain order and organisation of crop inputs.
6. Ensure timely supply of key inputs.
7. Ensure sufficient variety and input trials are carried out to forward agronomic development
• HND Agriculture
• Plant Health Qualifications
• B.S. Degree in Agriculture/Plant science
• BASIS and FACTS qualified.
• At least 5 years agronomy experience ideally with large modern arable farms.
• Extensive experience of forage crop production.
• Exposure to devising and implementing structured trials.
• Extensive experience of best practice regarding pesticide application.
• In depth knowledge of pesticides and their suitability.
• Knowledge of irrigation
• Exposure to computerized record management system.
• Proficient in manpower utilisation.
• Exposure to multicultural environments.
• Exposure to multi site operations.
About the Company
Almarai is the largest integrated dairy foods company in the world, with a reputation for quality that is unmatched within the gulf countries in which we operate. We're a company committed to healthy living, and to delivering only the freshest and most delicious products to the people we care most about - our customers.
Almarai began in 1976 under the leadership of HH Prince Sultan bin Mohammed bin Saud Al Kabeer, as it remains to this day. His Highness recognised the potential to transform traditional methods of dairy farming to serve the needs of the rapidly expanding Saudi market; and what began with the processing of fresh milk and laban soon expanded into modern dairy farms and state-of-the-art processing facilities
The company's headquarters are based in Riyadh, the capital of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and the Almarai Company extends throughout the Arabian Peninsula, leading and influencing the agricultural, dairy processing and food distribution industries.