We are recruiting for the permanent position of Applications Manager with a successful international company in Dubai. Ideal candidate for this job opportunity will be responsible for management, supervision and maintenance of the company repository of applications through best practices, appropriate staffing and management of a technical team.
• Ensuring that applications meet business requirements and fulfill end-user requirements
• Reviewing and analysing existing applications effectiveness and efficiency
• Design, development, and installation of application enhancements and upgrades
• Evaluating, installation, configuration and deployment of new applications, systems, software and application enhancements
• Management and provision of direction for the application team in support of business operations
• Developing strategies for improvement of systems and applications
• Negotiating deadlines for any new applications deployment or evolution requests
• Liaising with process owners on testing of the new software programs and applications
• Coordinating feasibility studies for software and system products under purchase considerations
• Compiling and maintenance of company inventory for software and systems assets and their corresponding contracts/agreements
• Management of support for software and applications
• Planning and coordination of the processes for the provision of user applications and systems
• Improving quality of the customer service, efficiency, internal control and cost reduction through software applications.
• Participating on pre-testing phase of development by evaluating proposals, identification of potential problem areas and suggest appropriate solutions
• BSc in Computer Science or similar
• 5 years experience in managing IT applications team
• Experience in development and implementation of business applications
• Technically fluent in programming languages, including RPGLE and CL
• Experience in project management
• Good knowledge of distribution software packages and applications
• Effective presentation skills and strong business awareness
• Fluent English - Arabic or French are an advantage
• Willing to work outside Dubai on a regular basis (e.g. India)
• Experience with AS400 applications
• Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws
About the Company
About the Company
XB Consultants is a London based recruitment consultancy that provides local, international and cross border Recruitment solutions. The company recruits and resources mid to senior level professional staff on a temporary, contract and permanent basis. XB Consultants provides a highly skilled and experienced consultant base for their clients and candidates that is able to act quickly, accurately and proactively on their behalf and consult on realistic market conditions, salary expectations and recruitment timescales.
XB Consultants endeavours to provide an excellent customer focused recruitment service coupled with an intelligent, consultative and honest approach towards its clients and candidates. We maintain service levels of the highest standard to provide quick response times, search accuracy for both clients and candidates and full consultative advice.