After registering as a jobseeker, I received 7 serious interview calls within a short span and now have found my dream job. Thank you GulfTalent.comRead More
Architectural Site Inspection Engineer
Abu Dhabi, UAE
1. Make sure that any activity offered for his inspection has an approved shop drawing, method statement (MS), Quality Control Procedure (QCP) and Inspection & Test Plan (ITP).
2. Carry out all planned site inspections as per the intervention points marked in the relevant ITP.
3. All site inspection shall be carried out vide an official Inspection and Test request (ITR) submitted by the CONTRACTOR through the proper Channels.
4. Inspection status shall be recorded in the ITR and any relevant check sheet as per the approved QCP. Any out standing items shall be verified prior to closing the ITR. In the event that CONTRACTOR excludes an item from an ITR, the item will be dealt with/inspected utilising the ITR from which the item was excluded.
5. Verify with Independent Testing Laboratory (ITL) that all relevant test results related to specific ITR meets the project requirements.
6. In the event he notices that the relevant Shop Drawing, materials used, MS, QCP and TIP do not cover all specification requirements, he should report the same in writing to the Construction Manager and the Senior Discipline Engineer. Copy of such report shall be forwarded to COMPANY project manager.
7. Closely monitor site activities to ensure quality of work is in compliance with contract requirements, good construction practice, only approved materials are used, compliance with shop drawings, and report to Senior Structural Engineer! Construction Manager.
8. Make sure that all materials used comply with the approved Material Approval Request.
9. Make sure that the CONTRACTOR’s personnel are using the latest edition of the approved shop drawings, MS, QCP and ITP as per the project master index.
10. Closely monitor concrete pours and check continuously concrete materials delivered to site, ensure compliance with QA/QC procedures, and ensure all concrete tests are carried out as per contract requirements.
11. Frequency checks formwork/shuttering systems and ensure quality, safety and constructability aspects are met.
12. Make sure that any non-conformity has been reported through a Non Conformance Report (NCR), reviewed by his line supervisor. (Construction supervisor / Construction Manager as applicable). All NCRs shall be coordinated with the PMT Senior Quality Assurance Engineer.
13. Advise Planning Engineer and Construction Manager of any slippage of Progress regarding site activities.
14. Participate with PMC disciplines in reviewing the Close Out Report as submitted by Contractor.
15. Review the relevant As-Built drawings as submitted by Contractor and make sure that all site conditions are properly addressed.
1. Bachelor's Degree in Architecture.
2. Experience of at least 7 years in the construction industry.
3. Experience of at least 3 years on high rise buildings.
4. Finishing experience is required.
About the Company
Hill International was founded in 1976 and became one of the largest construction claims consulting firms in the world.
It wasn't long before we realized that Hill could be more than a reactive resolver of disputes and could become a proactive solver of problems before they arise. With the best professionals in the construction industry, Hill began providing project management services. Today Hill is proud to be one of the top construction management companies in the world having successfully managed some of the largest, most complex construction projects in locations throughout the world.
Our formula is simple: we hire the best people, understand our clients needs and objectives, then take ownership of each and every project where we are involved. No matter how large or small our role is in a project, our mission is to exceed our clients expectations in every way possible. Our history is defined by thousands of successful projects. Our future is defined by the success of your next project.