Area Manager – Footlocker
At Foot Locker, we see life from the shoes up. We can't help it. Shoes are all we think about. Our shoes,someone else's shoes...and we sell lots of them too.
With major names including Puma, Lacoste, Nike and Adidas there is no wonder we're the world's leading,youth targeted, branded retailer in athletic footwear, apparel and accessories (otherwise known as 'sneakers and stuff').
We think it's time for sneaker wearers everywhere to realize that someone understands them, that someone else's obsession matches their obsession and maybe even obsesses a little more...
The Area Manager is responsible for all store & Employee development, & accountable for visual merchandising in assigned stores. Actively contributes to development of business initiatives relevant to brand projects
* Lead store teams to achieve their sales targets shrinkage targets & control operational costs in order to meet the Business Plan.
* Maximize the potential of Store Management & Employees through performance management, coaching, & identifying development opportunities to ensure all stores are staffed correctly including succession planning & ongoing monitoring of manpower planning.
* Champion tfhe brand in stores & create a two way feedback loop with the brand teams to enhance business performance, including recommendations for promotion or mark down.
* Build external networks to understand market trends & competitor activity that once fed back into central teams allows us to maintain a competitive advantage.
* Contribute to all aspects of business development including new store openings & recommendations for closure. Liaise with internal & external parties to facilitate.
* Ensure internal & external customer service is excellent through brand specific & company wide training initiatives.
* Fully utilize company reporting systems to monitor brand performance & implement corrective action when necessary.
* Ensure adherence to all company policies & procedures.
Skills and Experience:
* Fluent written and verbal English.
* Commercial awareness.
* RetailÂ background.
* Minimum 3 years retail multi-store management experience.
* Understanding of supply chain/inventory management.
* Thrives in multi-cultural environments.
About the Company
About the Company
M.H. Alshaya is a leading international franchise operator for over 70 of the world’s most recognised retail brands including Mothercare, H&M, Debenhams, American Eagle Outfitters, Harvey Nichols, Boots, Starbucks, The Cheesecake Factory, Vision Express, M.A.C, Victoria’s Secret, Pottery Barn and Office Depot. The company operates more than 2,400 stores across 7 divisions: Fashion & Footwear, Food, Health & Beauty, Optics, Pharmacy, Home Furnishings and Office Supplies.
Alshaya’s stores can currently be found in 19 markets across the Middle East & North Africa, Russia, Turkey and Europe and it employs more than 32,000 people from over 110 nationalities.
The company has established itself as the industry leader across these territories through a combination of local market understanding and a comprehensive commitment to customer service. Growth in each of its operating divisions and brands is supported by continuous investment in talent and infrastructure. It applies best practices in retail operations, merchandising, marketing, information technology, logistics, real estate, human resources and financial controls.
M.H. Alshaya is the retail business of the Alshaya Group, which was founded in Kuwait in 1890 and today represents one of the most dynamic companies in the Middle East. In addition to its retail operations, the Alshaya Group is active in a number of other sectors including real estate, automotive, hotels, trading and investments.