Area Manager – Mothercare
With over 40 years of experience, Mothercare is the UK's premium retailer for the mother-to-be, her baby and young children. Mothercare currently operates 250 stores in the UK and 221 franchise stores in 44 countries worldwide. Mothercare has a premium image throughout the world, earned through the highest quality of its products and professional customer service. All products sold in Mothercare stores meet the toughest European safety standards (certified to European Safety Standard ECE R44.03).
Mothercare has been present in the Middle East since 1984. It has established itself as the leading brand offering the finest quality fashion, home and travel accessories for children and mothers to be.
Mothercare offers a unique one stop shopping experience for children and their parents through the widest assortments of fashion and basics for babies, children 1-10 years and maternity wear. A comprehensive range of Feeding, Bathroom, Bedroom and Travel accessories is also available in most stores.
With home delivery and assembly service (where available), combined with a 6 months guarantee on Nursery, Pushchairs and Car seats, customers are reassured of the highest quality products and service.
The Area Manager is responsible for all store & Employee development, & accountable for visual merchandising in assigned stores. Actively contributes to development of business initiatives relevant to brand projects
* Lead store teams to achieve their sales targets shrinkage targets & control operational costs in order to meet the Business Plan.
* Maximize the potential of Store Management & Employees through performance management, coaching, & identifying development opportunities to ensure all stores are staffed correctly including succession planning & ongoing monitoring of manpower planning.
* Champion the brand in stores & create a two way feedback loop with the brand teams to enhance business performance, including recommendations for promotion or mark down.
* Build external networks to understand market trends & competitor activity that once fed back into central teams allows us to maintain a competitive advantage.
* Contribute to all aspects of business development including new store openings & recommendations for closure. Liaise with internal & external parties to facilitate.
* Ensure internal & external customer service is excellent through brand specific & company wide training initiatives.
* Fully utilize company reporting systems to monitor brand performance & implement corrective action when necessary.
* Ensure adherence to all company policies & procedures.
* Fluent written and verbal English.Â Arabic preferred.
* Commercial awareness.
* RetailÂ background.
* Minimum 3 years retail multi store management experience.
* Understanding of supply chain/inventory management
* Thrives in multi cultural environments
* PC literate
About the Company
About the Company
M.H. Alshaya is a leading international franchise operator for over 70 of the world’s most recognised retail brands including Mothercare, H&M, Debenhams, American Eagle Outfitters, Harvey Nichols, Boots, Starbucks, The Cheesecake Factory, Vision Express, M.A.C, Victoria’s Secret, Pottery Barn and Office Depot. The company operates more than 2,400 stores across 7 divisions: Fashion & Footwear, Food, Health & Beauty, Optics, Pharmacy, Home Furnishings and Office Supplies.
Alshaya’s stores can currently be found in 19 markets across the Middle East & North Africa, Russia, Turkey and Europe and it employs more than 32,000 people from over 110 nationalities.
The company has established itself as the industry leader across these territories through a combination of local market understanding and a comprehensive commitment to customer service. Growth in each of its operating divisions and brands is supported by continuous investment in talent and infrastructure. It applies best practices in retail operations, merchandising, marketing, information technology, logistics, real estate, human resources and financial controls.
M.H. Alshaya is the retail business of the Alshaya Group, which was founded in Kuwait in 1890 and today represents one of the most dynamic companies in the Middle East. In addition to its retail operations, the Alshaya Group is active in a number of other sectors including real estate, automotive, hotels, trading and investments.