Area Manager – Optics
Built on a passion for the optical profession and a drive for unparalleled customer service, Vision Express opened the first 'one hour' Opticians in 1988. Vision Express is the leading optical brand in the UK, Ireland and Poland.
In March 2007, Vision Express opened its first store in the Middle East in The Avenues Mall in Kuwait.
Vision Express has a strong reputation on eye care, quality and customer service and provides one-hour-service in all stores with an optical lab. Vision Express brings affordable new and exciting designer brands to the Middle East including Dior, Bvlgari, Gucci, Chanel, Vogue, Versus, Juicy Couture, Rayban, Ralph Lauren etcâ€¦, as well as exclusive brands like Ben Sherman, Zero Gravity, Converse, A Z U R E! Vision Express will always use state-of-the-art optical equipments and will make sure the latest innovations on contact- lenses, spectacle lenses and other eye care products will be available to its customers in Kuwait, KSA and Qatar.
Why are we different?
* Eye exam is free of charge.
* Total satisfaction is the foundation stone of our business. To ensure this, we listen to what you'd like, then help you choose eyewear that meets those needs.
* We care for your eyes in just one hour.
* We guarantee total satisfaction from a wide range of frames using the latest innovations.
Responsible for all store & Employee development, & accountable for visual merchandising in assigned stores. Actively contributes to development of business initiatives relevant to brand projects
* Lead store teams to achieve their sales targets shrinkage targets & control operational costs in order to meet the Business Plan.
* Maximize the potential of Store Management & Employees through performance management, coaching, & identifying development opportunities to ensure all
* Stores are staffed correctly including succession planning & ongoing monitoring of manpower planning.
* Champion the brand in stores & create a two way feedback loop with the brand teams to enhance business performance, including recommendations for promotion or mark down.
* Build external networks to understand market trends & competitor activity that once fed back into central teams allows us to maintain a competitive advantage.
*Contribute to all aspects of business development including new store openings & recommendations for closure. Liaise with internal & external parties to facilitate.
* Ensure internal & external customer service is excellent through brand specific & company wide training initiatives.
* Fully utilize company reporting systems to monitor brand performance & implement corrective action when necessary.
* Ensure adherence to all company policies & procedures.
Skills and Experience:
* 3 years large store or multi-site experience preferred
* Computer literate
* English essential Arabic preferred
About the Company
About the Company
M.H. Alshaya Co. is a leading international franchise operator for over 70 of the world’s most recognised retail brands including Starbucks, H&M, Mothercare, Debenhams, American Eagle Outfitters, P.F. Chang’s, The Cheesecake Factory, Victoria’s Secret, Boots, Pottery Barn and KidZania. The company operates over 2,600 stores across diverse customer sectors: Fashion & Footwear, Health & Beauty, Food, Optics, Pharmacy, Home Furnishings and Leisure & Entertainment.
Alshaya’s stores can be found in markets across the Middle East and North Africa, Russia, Turkey and Europe and the company employs more than 40,000 people from over 110 nationalities.
The company has established itself as the industry leader across these territories through a combination of local market understanding and a comprehensive commitment to customer service. Growth in each of its operating divisions and brands is supported by continuous investment in talent and infrastructure. It applies best practices in retail operations, merchandising, marketing, information technology, logistics, real estate, human resources and financial controls.
M.H. Alshaya Co. is the retail business of the Alshaya Group, which was founded in Kuwait in 1890 and today represents one of the most dynamic companies in the Middle East. In addition to its retail operations, the Alshaya Group is active in a number of other sectors including real estate, automotive, hotels, trading and investments.