After registering as a jobseeker, I received 7 serious interview calls within a short span and now have found my dream job. Thank you GulfTalent.comRead More
Area Store Manager – Guess
Al Futtaim Group
GUESS is a globally recognised high fashion brand offering the latest trends in accessories, women's, men's' and children's' fashions.
With over 70 stores located around the GCC this is a great opportunity to become part of a dynamic work environment and get involved in the expansion and future growth of this exciting brand.
We are currently seeking to hire an Area Store Manager to join GUESS in Cairo, Egypt. As an Area Store Manager you will oversee the activities ofÂ the areaÂ stores, achieve quantitative measures of performance within stores, responsible for overseeing all of the recruiting, hiring and training needs of the store, make decisions that affect the overall performance of the store, and orient new employees or other peers to GUESS store operations.
Your key accountabilities will include:
* Prioritising and communicating daily store issues to store managers.
* Establishing and communicating daily, weekly and monthly sales goals to store managers.
* Ensuring scheduled staff meetings are conducted on a regular basis.
* Model customer service behaviour and monitor associates levels of service.
* Adhering and enforcing company policies and procedures.
* Overseeing the execution and implementation ofÂ merchandising as specified by company directives to ensure maximum profitability through margin sets.
* Responsible for monitoring operational expenses to ensure profitability.
* Train and develop staff on sales techniques, customer service, teamwork, and other brand behaviours.
* Actively recruit new employees and manage the stores recruitment profile.
* Drive visual presentation and company standards through effective staff development.
* Drive stores to deliver and exceed sales budget.
* Drive business KPIs in all stores: ATV, UPT, Sales per SqF, Sales per staff...etc
* Drive customer service levels in stores using business tools such as Mystery Shopper reports and CSI.
As an Area Store Manager you will be a passionate and experienced retailer, your background will include managing fashion retail operations and achieving optimum sales targets.
Your ability to develop, coach and mentor your team will be a critical success factor. Therefore your success at coaching others and demonstrating your ability to manage through others and deal with the ups and downs of supervising staff will be a key area we will measure.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 4 years store manager experience, good verbal & written communication skills, MS Office skills and SAP knowledge is a plus.
About the Company
Established in the 1930's, the Al-Futtaim Group initially operated as a trading enterprise. Rapid development throughout the 1940's and 50's saw it establish itself regionally as an integrated commercial, industrial and services organisation, positioning itself one of the leading business houses in the lower Gulf region. Today, it operates collectively over 40 companies bearing the Al-Futtaim name, dominates many market segments in the UAE, and has expanded its sphere of operation to include Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman and Egypt.
The Group comprises a diverse range of strategically positioned operating subsidiaries and associate companies, structured to give the Al-Futtaim Group the flexibility and versatility to keep ahead of local competition while keeping pace with the ever-evolving global business scenario. The Group’s continued investment in world-class systems technology is clear evidence of its commitment to maintain leading edge performance and service delivery.
The success of the Al-Futtaim Group can be attributed to a business approach that combines the ability to change with the traditional values of integrity, service and social responsibility that define its core business philosophy. This, linked with the Group’s belief in decentralisation, gives the heads of the operating companies a high degree of functional autonomy and authority, providing the Group with essential flexibility, and individual employees a clearly defined work culture and sense of responsibility.