Art Director – Below the Line – GMASCO
Al Futtaim Group
GMASCO offers a complete spectrum of expertise including through-the-line advertising communications and marketing services. Its location in Dubai enables GMASCO to cater to many industries and organisations that have their hub in Dubai, while also serving its existing clients whose operations span more than 15 countries across the Middle East, Europe, the Sub Continent and Asia.
We are currently looking to recruit an Art Director to Join our Creative team, to be responsible for devising original creative concepts for both existing accounts and pitches. The successful candidate will work with copywriting resource where appropriate to ensure approved copy is accurately translated into Mac visuals and artwork.
This role will involve the following responsibilities:
- Create appropriate concepts, either working alone or with a copywriter, Group head or Creative partner.
- On approval of concept by account team and client, take the job to an appropriate level of finish for each consecutive next stage.
- Take responsibility for overseeing and quality control of amends in light of clients' comments.
- Liaise with creative services to produce visuals as required.- Source stock shots or original photography.
- Oversee photographic shoots, TVC shoots and have a working knowledge of cinematography and post production.
- Maintain effective communication with all relevant internal and external contacts.
- Attend briefing sessions and discuss Bran Footprint, Selling strategy and purpose of the brief with the Account Director or appropriate member of the account team.
To be considered for this position, you will:
* Have a bachelor degree in Art or equivalent.
* Have worked in advertising for at least 5 years with an extensive knowledge and expertise in the creative field.
* Have managed one or several accounts and proven delivery of successful results.
* Have solid planning and organizational skills with the ability to perform multiple tasks at any given time.
* Be Flexible to react quickly to the changing demands of the business
* Have excellent communication skills.
* Excellent typographic and design skills
* Have a good understanding of the advertising industry.
* Excellent attention to detail and good initiative
* Must be a team player
*Candidates need to upload their Portfolio while applying for this role (PDF and MPEG or include an online link), please note that the size limit for each attachment is 300kb
**WE WILL NOT CONSIDER CANDIDATES WHO HAVE EITHER NOT UPLOADED THEIR PROFILES OR SENT US THEIR PORTFOLIO LINK.
About the Company
About the Company
Established in the 1930's, the Al-Futtaim Group initially operated as a trading enterprise. Rapid development throughout the 1940's and 50's saw it establish itself regionally as an integrated commercial, industrial and services organisation, positioning itself one of the leading business houses in the lower Gulf region. Today, it operates collectively over 40 companies bearing the Al-Futtaim name, dominates many market segments in the UAE, and has expanded its sphere of operation to include Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman and Egypt.
The Group comprises a diverse range of strategically positioned operating subsidiaries and associate companies, structured to give the Al-Futtaim Group the flexibility and versatility to keep ahead of local competition while keeping pace with the ever-evolving global business scenario. The Group’s continued investment in world-class systems technology is clear evidence of its commitment to maintain leading edge performance and service delivery.
The success of the Al-Futtaim Group can be attributed to a business approach that combines the ability to change with the traditional values of integrity, service and social responsibility that define its core business philosophy. This, linked with the Group’s belief in decentralisation, gives the heads of the operating companies a high degree of functional autonomy and authority, providing the Group with essential flexibility, and individual employees a clearly defined work culture and sense of responsibility.