Artistic Manager – KidZania
M.H Alshaya Co. has entered into a partnership with KidZania, the award winning family entertainment and education brand, to develop and manage a 5,000 sq.m. KidZania State at The Avenues in Kuwait. Expected to open in 2012, KidZania will be a major new tenant in phase three of the mall, which is currently under development.
KidZania, or 'The Land of Cool Kids', is a unique concept in family entertainment, helping children understand and manage the world they are growing into. Designed as a real city with streets, buildings and even an airport, everything in KidZania is scaled down to kid's size. Children can experience what it is like to become a doctor, a banker, a policeman, a DJ or one of over 90 other adult roles in a fun and safe environment that helps nurture their creativity, stimulate their imagination, and expand their experiences as they play and learn at the same time.
KidZania was established in Mexico and first opened its doors to children in 1999. Today KidZania operates eight edutainment centres in six countries worldwide across the Americas, Europe, Asia Pacific and the Middle East and has welcomed more than four million visitors in 2010.
Understand the content and operation of the KidZania concepts, transmit it to the local team in terms of choreography, training, communications etc. Ensure the correct implementation with regard to all aspects of the park establishments (design, theme, establishment dynamics).
As the Artistic Manager it will be your responsibility to develop and conduct entertainment shows, to include acting, dance, Singing, Puppetry, Art and craft etc. You will be required to come up with new seasonal artistic activities and ensure that they are implemented in various forms throughout KidZania.
* Train the team to artistically execute dynamics
* Coordinate and direct artistic and technical rehearsals to guarantee performance quality.
* Oversee the artistic development of all shows and correct presentation deviations.
* Carry out artistic presentations in a timely manner and in line with the production plan generated by the host brand.
* Ensure the supply and correct use of raw materials in the establishment i.e. backdrops, costumes, and artistic activities.
* Implement the dynamics in line compliance with the guidelines from the commercial partners.
* Direct the Kidzania parade and oversee it daily.
* Generate and direct the seasonal artistic activities.
* Coordinate the Kidzania dance choreography and interaction training given by the artistic areas.
* Comply with presentation and rehearsal schedules given to clients.
* Excellent written and verbal English, Arabic an advantage
* Major in Science Arts, Communications, Theatre, Creativity, or similar2+ years experience at scenic directive level
* Experience of script writing and adapting
* Experience of group management and control
* Works well under pressure
* Organizational skills
* Communication skills
* Pro active and creative
* Team work
About the Company
About the Company
M.H. Alshaya Co. is a leading international franchise operator for over 70 of the world’s most recognised retail brands including Starbucks, H&M, Mothercare, Debenhams, American Eagle Outfitters, P.F. Chang’s, The Cheesecake Factory, Victoria’s Secret, Boots, Pottery Barn and KidZania. The company operates over 2,600 stores across diverse customer sectors: Fashion & Footwear, Health & Beauty, Food, Optics, Pharmacy, Home Furnishings and Leisure & Entertainment.
Alshaya’s stores can be found in markets across the Middle East and North Africa, Russia, Turkey and Europe and the company employs more than 40,000 people from over 110 nationalities.
The company has established itself as the industry leader across these territories through a combination of local market understanding and a comprehensive commitment to customer service. Growth in each of its operating divisions and brands is supported by continuous investment in talent and infrastructure. It applies best practices in retail operations, merchandising, marketing, information technology, logistics, real estate, human resources and financial controls.
M.H. Alshaya Co. is the retail business of the Alshaya Group, which was founded in Kuwait in 1890 and today represents one of the most dynamic companies in the Middle East. In addition to its retail operations, the Alshaya Group is active in a number of other sectors including real estate, automotive, hotels, trading and investments.