Artistic Technician – KidZania
M.H Alshaya Co. has entered into a partnership with KidZania, the award winning family entertainment and education brand, to develop and manage a 5,000 sq.m. KidZania State at The Avenues in Kuwait. Expected to open in 2012, KidZania will be a major new tenant in phase three of the mall, which is currently under development.
KidZania, or 'The Land of Cool Kids', is a unique concept in family entertainment, helping children understand and manage the world they are growing into. Designed as a real city with streets, buildings and even an airport, everything in KidZania is scaled down to kid's size. Children can experience what it is like to become a doctor, a banker, a policeman, a DJ or one of over 90 other adult roles in a fun and safe environment that helps nurture their creativity, stimulate their imagination, and expand their experiences as they play and learn at the same time.
KidZania was established in Mexico and first opened its doors to children in 1999. Today KidZania operates eight edutainment centres in six countries worldwide across the Americas, Europe, Asia Pacific and the Middle East and has welcomed more than four million visitors in 2010.
Handle all/any assigned day to day or emergency maintenance requirements or general repairs for assigned audio and video equipment. Responsible for the AV booth during daily operations.
* Plan and carry out preventative maintenance schedules to ensure routine maintenance on all areas or responsibility.
* Perform the corrective and preventive maintenance program of audio and video equipment (televisions, amplifiers, DVDs, plasma screens, demodulators, baffles, speakers and other area equipment)
* Provide maintenance to Park screens (fast food, parents room)
* Operate the Park audio and video properly within the Artistic Establishments
* Insure proper execution of ambiance sounds and other electronic Park /pavilion elements
* Determine the daily music playlist for Park ambience
* Provide support in audio cabling when needed
* Perform the daily checklist of all audio and video equipments and systems
* Provide support to audio and video suppliers during special events
* Maintain the workshop tools in operative and safety conditions
* Quote jobs or materials required for specific failures
* Elaborate plans and diagrams of audio and video installations
* Provide support to Theater, Television, Disco and Radio areas
* Comply with the image agreed to with Sponsors
* Perform the tasks requested by different areas through work orders
Skills and Experience:
* Minimum 2 years experience in Audio and Video and/or Electronics
* Technical Career, Electronics Engineer, ideally experienced in Audio and Video
* Experience in the management of electronic equipment and audio and video installation
* English fluent, Arabic ideal
* Equipment support and repair
* Experience welding electronic tablets
* Sound proofing
* Measurement equipment expertise (multimeter / diagram interpretation and failure diagnosis)
About the Company
About the Company
M.H. Alshaya is a leading international franchise operator for over 70 of the world’s most recognised retail brands including Mothercare, H&M, Debenhams, American Eagle Outfitters, Harvey Nichols, Boots, Starbucks, The Cheesecake Factory, Vision Express, M.A.C, Victoria’s Secret, Pottery Barn and Office Depot. The company operates more than 2,400 stores across 7 divisions: Fashion & Footwear, Food, Health & Beauty, Optics, Pharmacy, Home Furnishings and Office Supplies.
Alshaya’s stores can currently be found in 19 markets across the Middle East & North Africa, Russia, Turkey and Europe and it employs more than 32,000 people from over 110 nationalities.
The company has established itself as the industry leader across these territories through a combination of local market understanding and a comprehensive commitment to customer service. Growth in each of its operating divisions and brands is supported by continuous investment in talent and infrastructure. It applies best practices in retail operations, merchandising, marketing, information technology, logistics, real estate, human resources and financial controls.
M.H. Alshaya is the retail business of the Alshaya Group, which was founded in Kuwait in 1890 and today represents one of the most dynamic companies in the Middle East. In addition to its retail operations, the Alshaya Group is active in a number of other sectors including real estate, automotive, hotels, trading and investments.