Assistant Branch Manager (Officer / Manager) (MGM Branch Retail)
1. Assist the branch manager to showcase the new branch concept by delivering premium customer experience and achieving business targets as outlined in the annual business plans and the bank strategy.
2. Assist the branch manager to direct and control the branch staff to ensure that they are appropriately motivated and trained and that they achieve their objectives. Communicate the banks strategy and policies to staff and ensure that these are effectively implemented.
3. Responsible to control the effective provision of the bank services to ensure quality of service and operational integrity in accordance with the banks strategy and policies. Ensure acceptable Audit ratings for the branch in all functions.
4. Monitor and control lending to ensure that it is undertaken in accordance with the banks credit policy.
5. Responsible to ensure strict compliance with internal policies and procedures, local laws and CBO guidance and regulations. Training and updating staff on changes in bank/regulatory procedures and policies announced from time to time.
6. Assist the branch manager to deliver products developed by the bank that meet the customer requirements and maximize the return to the branch to build up customer base.
7. Implement all necessary systems and procedures to ensure the effective delivery of the branch services. Maintaining consistently excellent customer services in the branch.
8. Continually reassess the operational risk inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, and the impact of new technology.
9. Promote the banks image in the community by attendance at internal and external meetings and participation in community activities.
Should possess a B.sc certificate with a minimum of 3 years of banking experience.
Should possess a Diploma Certificate with a minimum of 4 years of banking experience
Should be Omani
Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Arabic
Strong interpersonal skills
Motivated, initiative, innovative and dynamic
Problem solving and critical thinking skills
Excellent knowledge of MS office
Solid knowledge of current banking practices
Flexible during times of change.
Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial.
Able and ready to work in a shift bases
Please note that the management is in process to grant additional benefits/ compensation for the staff who will work at Muscat Grand Mall (MGM)
About the Company
About the Company
Established on January 1 1990, Bank Dhofar is an Omani commercial bank wholly owned and managed by Omanis. With successive years of constantly setting new standards in banking, BD has attained an impressively expanding network of 50 operational branches and 89 ATMs.
Through an international network linked by advanced technology, BD provides a comprehensive range of financial services that encompass personal financial services; commercial banking; corporate, investment banking and markets; private banking; and other activities.
Its Board of Directors & Management Team consists of eminent professionals like accountants, management experts, economists, businesspersons, etc. The Bank has strengths in both retail and corporate banking and is committed to adopting the best industry practices internationally in order to achieve excellence.