Assistant Director – Project Delivery Management
This role is responsible for the planning, delivery and documentation of all projects within the NLOB unit. Working closely with designated technical resources in order to finalise design and provide an accurate forecast of delivery schedules to customers. Ultimately responsible for the effective delivery of the solution and for the setting and maintaining of customers expectations within budget, to time and quality standards.
ICT and Mega Projects department will focus in meeting & creating ICT solution needs of current and new customers, thereby augmenting Qtel's business revenues and customer satisfaction. This role leads the Project delivery function and supports in revenue generation and customer satisfaction.
* Lead delivery of multiple projects from project initiation through to launch, final handover and review.
* Carry our Post Implementation Reviews recording lessons learnt and driving continuous improvement
* Manage allocated projects according to the Qtel project life cycle process and ensure technical and commercial sign-off at key stages.
* Form matrix project teams (internal and external) as required to develop project plans at various stages of the project life cycle.
* Work with the solution consultants, business analysts, product managers and developers to deliver impact analysis and agree delivery dates.
* Manage project costs to ensure delivery against budget.
* Identify and tightly manage risks and issues associated with projects.
* Ensure clear communication of deliverables with particular clarity around variance from original requirements and manage creep against scope.
* Manage and motivate engineering and delivery teams to achieve project targets
* Negotiate software and hardware delivery schedules balancing customer requirements and internal development plans
* Determines appropriate revenue recognition, ensures accurate invoicing, and monitors receivables for all projects under his/her direction.
* Integrates financial data for multiple projects.
* Compares financial data for projects to seek ways to maximize revenue.
* Analyzes profitability, revenue, margins, bill rates and utilization across projects.
* Addresses elevated billing issues when they arise.
* Develop and maintain detailed, cross functional project plans & schedules, identifying risk and interdependencies as well as contract variations/additional work orders and the like to maximise Q-Tel revenues from all projects and minimise losses.
* Manage expectations of customer, partners and internal management
* Present project status reports on a regular basis (to be determined) to both Q-Tel internal management teams and to Customer Project Teams as required.
* Chair cross functional and stakeholder Â working sessions to resolve project resource conflicts
* Organise reviews with customers and with internal development teams to match customer requirements
* Manage production and delivery of project documentation, customer specific documents, compliance statements etc
* Track and report Â progress versus plan across all projects, instigation of corrective actions
* Ensure SLA compliance and customer satisfaction
* Ensure availability of information systems and review structures for SLAs
* Provide support to complex project Â issues and ensure a corrective action plan is put in place to keep the project on plan
* Oversee the integration of all service delivery units and improve the quality and inter-working of the whole â€˜virtual' service team
* Support new business opportunities by taking an active role in bids and supporting the transition and implementation of new business
* Manage resources across all projects within the unit to meet both existing and new business demand
* Sound understanding of project management across multiple bids as they relate to the profitability to the business.Â
* Knows what project slippage/SLA's /Risk Management and Interdependencies/variations etc can mean in terms of profitability and cost.
* Sound understanding of relationship management and doing what it takes to meet customer expectations.
* Role holder will be delivering projects to Qtel customers within Qatar and within the region wherever opportunities are identified - thus having a strong knowledge of project management and delivery Â will be key.
* Critical to the credibility of Qtel's corporate offerings - as this role will spearhead customer delivery and therefore an understanding of drivers of customer satisfaction is of importance.
* Plays a major part in shifting the perception of Qtel to an ICT Services provider rather than a telco operator.
Costs & Profitability
* Responsible for project cost builds, project profit and loss accounts (during delivery).
* Provides guidance for commercial structures, commercial decisions and sign-off criteria.
Results and Problem Solving
* Responsible for resolving complex problems which relate to project delivery
* Understand the importance of delivering to time and to quality and drives others to deliver to those standards
Planning & Organising
* Responsible for the organisation of Qtel matrix teams for project delivery.
* Management of 3rd party suppliers and integration into matrix teams as appropriate
Minimum Experience & Essential Knowledge
* 12 years work experience
* proven track record of successfully managing large complex projects Â preferably in Integration Industries.
* Demonstrated leadership abilities.
* Conceptual understanding of IT technology, networking and the Internet.
* Â Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Microsoft
* Project applications, Â Prince II or similar project management certifications.
* Proven experience of Â working under pressure and with other people.
* Proven track record in managing 3rd party suppliers.
Desirable Minimum Entry Qualifications
* Bachelors degree in an Engineering or Technology field
* Project Management Qualification
* Delivery of projects to agreed time and budget whilst maintaining agreed quality standards
* Project Budget Management
* Customer Satisfaction
About the Company
About the Company
Ooredoo, formerly known as Qatar Telecom (Qtel), is a leading international communications company delivering mobile, fixed, broadband internet and corporate managed services tailored to the needs of consumers and businesses across markets in the Middle East, North Africa and South-East Asia. As a community-focused company, Ooredoo is guided by its vision of enriching people’s lives and its belief that it can stimulate human growth by leveraging communications to help people achieve their full potential. Ooredoo has a presence in Qatar, Kuwait, Oman, Algeria, Tunisia, Iraq, Palestine, the Maldives and Indonesia. Ooredoo’s shares are listed on the Qatar Exchange and the Abu Dhabi Securities Exchange.