Assistant Restaurant Manager – Le Pain Quotidien
Le Pain Quotidien
The beginning Great Ideas often have very simple origins, that is certainly true for PQ. At the beginning of the 90s, Alain Coumont, chef in a prestigious Brussels restaurant enjoyed offering a tasty and authentic style of cuisine, prepared from high quality ingredients. And because he did not succeed in obtaining a type of bread corresponding to these criteria, he decided to make it himself.
PQ is an ORGANIC rustic dining experience, known for their freshly prepared organic bread, bringing you the best each and every day. It is the adaptation to the taste of today, a way of life: which is simple, attentive to quality and service in a relaxed and hospitable atmosphere.
Everything combines to create an atmosphere that is simple and natural. Wicker baskets, the pastries, the jam pot, the communal table, the walls coated with sand and ochre colors, the soft lighting, the large blackboard on which the day's suggestions are written up in chalk, the classical music, the organic coffee in a bowl, the originality of the open sandwiches, salads and soups. It is all these things, which distinguish us and contribute to our success.
Merchandise To Go Many of the products served in the shop can be bought: jams, honeys, syrups and chocolates to spread as well as home-made olive oil, dried tomatoes, olive pastes, etc.
Catering ServiceAn exclusive menu of choice cuisine prepared with the finest organic ingredients is available from our outside catering service, perfect for anniversaries, business functions or simply at home.
LPQ believe's that ORGANIC is the way forward.
Assistant Restaurant Manager will be responsible of a multitude of tasks including:
* Working closely with the Restaurant Manager to ensure all restaurant operations are in line with company procedure.
* Assist in operational responsibility for the restaurant
* Working closely with the Operations Team and Business Management
* Supervisory experience over team members
* Uphold the Le Pain Quotidien vision
* Extensive Quality and hygiene assurance
* To reach and exceed your targets
* Love your job
* Role model and coach the vision, mission and values consistently, Responsible for effectively, efficiently staffing store with profile team members and Deliver high quality orientation and training for all new team members
* Lead and coach customer service model. Identify, respond to execution gaps in delivering exceptional customer experience; develop and execute plans to elevate both team members and store performance
* Grow top line sales by identifying and driving optional improvements as well as developing and executing local store marketing plans, deliver on or above target goals for food and labour cost while aligned with customer service standards
* Ensure strict adherence to all standard operating procedures and safety and security guidelines in order to maintain store appearance and atmosphere in like-new condition
* Motivate store team through effective performance management, timely performance feedback, written reviews, clear goal settings, taking the corrective action when appropriate, Lead Community connection and outreach within local trade area.
Skills & Experience:
* You will ideally have at least 2- 3 years plus experience in a high volume, fastÂ casual restaurant.
* Previous Supervisory/Managerial experience required in FastÂ Casual Restaurant environment.
* Strong team motivator.
* Capable of identifying and developing high quality team members.
* Strong organisational and problem solving skills.
* Excellent communications skills in English.
* Proven track record of controlling costs, ability to lead a team to achieve goals.
* Possess understanding of the tactics required to drive top line sales
* A passion of delivering exceptional customer experiences
* Ability to work varied shifts and day of the week
* Has a drive to results attitude
About the Company
About the Company
M.H. Alshaya is a leading international franchise operator for over 70 of the world’s most recognised retail brands including Mothercare, H&M, Debenhams, American Eagle Outfitters, Harvey Nichols, Boots, Starbucks, The Cheesecake Factory, Vision Express, M.A.C, Victoria’s Secret, Pottery Barn and Office Depot. The company operates more than 2,400 stores across 7 divisions: Fashion & Footwear, Food, Health & Beauty, Optics, Pharmacy, Home Furnishings and Office Supplies.
Alshaya’s stores can currently be found in 19 markets across the Middle East & North Africa, Russia, Turkey and Europe and it employs more than 32,000 people from over 110 nationalities.
The company has established itself as the industry leader across these territories through a combination of local market understanding and a comprehensive commitment to customer service. Growth in each of its operating divisions and brands is supported by continuous investment in talent and infrastructure. It applies best practices in retail operations, merchandising, marketing, information technology, logistics, real estate, human resources and financial controls.
M.H. Alshaya is the retail business of the Alshaya Group, which was founded in Kuwait in 1890 and today represents one of the most dynamic companies in the Middle East. In addition to its retail operations, the Alshaya Group is active in a number of other sectors including real estate, automotive, hotels, trading and investments.