After registering as a jobseeker, I received 7 serious interview calls within a short span and now have found my dream job. Thank you GulfTalent.comRead More
Assistant Store Manager – Express
Express is the must-have, sexy, sophisticated fashion brand for work, the weekend, or going out. It's what's new and what's now for young, fashion-forward women and men.
The Express brand reflects a hip, urban 24/7 lifestyle. It's stylish, energetic, confident and it never stops. Our imagery is Bold, Cool, and Behind-the-Scenes Fashion. And we speak from the point of view of a fashion insider: in-the-know yet accessible, an expert in all matters of style and full of endless possibility.
The Express customer is at the center of everything. Our Girl is Young, Smart, Bold, Spirited, Flirty, and Social and Our Guy is Confident, Driven, Charming, Stylish, Active and Cool. And our clothes fit them and their personalities with collections for Work, Party, and Play.
Express operates nearly 600 retail stores across the United States. Since March, 2009, in partnership with Alshaya, Express has opened several stores across the Middle East.As the Store Management staff, you will be managing a fast paced store providing excellent customer service experience to all customers. Accountable to maximise store contribution through exploiting every opportunity to drive sales. Lead by example to coach the Department Managers to drive sales, reduce stock loss, maximize merchandising opportunities and maintain cost controls.
* Actively use sales information to make business decisions to maximize sales opportunities through commerciality & outstanding customer service.
* Provide clear direction & ensure co-operation between all areas of the store team.
* Ensure Sales team deliver highest possible levels of customer service in store & that this is prioritized at all times to maximize sales.
* Achieve company sales targets.
* Ensure the store consistently reflects highest possible standards of merchandising, housekeeping & recovery.
* Regularly monitor & review layouts to ensure best & worst selling lines are correctly positioned.
* Accurately & efficiently communicate any stock issues, ideas or recommendations to the brand merchandising team.
* Actively seek & exploit all additional opportunities to promote sales.
* Ensure that all merchandise is correctly received & displayed on the sales floor.
* Follow Visual Merchandising guidelines, ensuring all garments are displayed on the shop floor & garment care standards are consistently maintained.
* Be aware of the current season trends & visual layout.
* Ensure that all management are well informed of the collection, advertising campaigns, promotions, sales activities & other company projects.
* Initiate & drive the highest possible standards of in-store visual impact, merchandising & layout within divisional guidelines.
* Ensure that staff & management for maximum coverage at peak trading periods & the store have the right people in the right place at the right time.
* Responsible for ensuring that the team & store comply with all company, brand, and government policies, procedures, processes and guidelines.
* Coach, develop and mentor the store team.
* Develop one's own team within the store in liaison with Operations, HR and Training Departments.
* Ensure the highest possible standards of customer service are offered on a daily basis.
* Previous management experience within a Fashion retail environment.
* IT literate
* English essential, Arabic preferred.
About the Company
M.H. Alshaya Co. is a leading international franchise operator for over 70 of the worlds most recognised retail brands including Starbucks, H&M, Mothercare, Debenhams, American Eagle Outfitters, P.F. Changs, The Cheesecake Factory, Victorias Secret, Boots, Pottery Barn and KidZania. The company operates over 2,800 stores across diverse customer sectors: Fashion & Footwear, Health & Beauty, Food, Optics, Pharmacy, Home Furnishings and Leisure & Entertainment.
Alshayas stores can be found in markets across the Middle East and North Africa, Russia, Turkey and Europe and the company employs more than 44,000 people from over 110 nationalities.
The company has established itself as the industry leader across these territories through a combination of local market understanding and a comprehensive commitment to customer service. Growth in each of its operating divisions and brands is supported by continuous investment in talent and infrastructure. It applies best practices in retail operations, merchandising, marketing, information technology, logistics, real estate, human resources and financial controls.
M.H. Alshaya Co. is the retail business of the Alshaya Group, which was founded in Kuwait in 1890 and today represents one of the most dynamic companies in the Middle East. In addition to its retail operations, the Alshaya Group is active in a number of other sectors including real estate, automotive, hotels, trading and investments.