Assistant Store Manager – Juicy Couture
Majid Al Futtaim Fashion (MAF Fashion)
Store Performance – Driving Sales
• Assist in developing the store as a profitable outlet with an aim to achieve set sales targets and analysis of This Year v’s Last Year, ATVs’ and ATUs’.
• To ensure accurate knowledge of Brand performance, best sellers and stock levels to assist in generating ideas and action plans to increase overall sales.
• Have the enthusiasm and ‘passion’ to deliver a ‘result focused’ service through communication and attitude, ensuring efficiency and superior customer service.
• Supporting the Store Manager in managing the displays and merchandise: presentation both in-store and windows, ensure all promotions, layouts and pricing policies are effectively implemented and current to increase sales.
• Familiarization of the product range and its benefits and new ranges as introduced
• Assist the Store Manager in the effective merchandising including promotional displays
• Maintain awareness of the market trends in the retail industry, understand forthcoming customer demands, monitor local competitors and initiate sales techniques to increase sales
Highest Customer Service Standards
• Ensure that all customers are dealt with in a friendly and courteous manner and this is practiced at all times in line with the stores policies and guidelines
• Ensure their team delivers the best service to the customers through understanding of what ‘great service’ looks and feels like.
• Has outstanding product knowledge about the Brand and its philosophy so to be able to educate, motivate and inspire their team.
• Always lead by example by providing consistent exceptional service standards.
Operational Standards, Processes and Practices
• Assist the Store Manager in supervision and scheduling of the workforce with particular emphasis in areas such as customer satisfaction, cashier duties, loss prevention, stock receipt, and overall store maintenance
• Assistant Store Managers will have full accountability and responsibility for their stock loss percentage and current procedure will be followed when dealing with unsatisfactory results.
• Exercise judgment and discretion in conjunction with, the Store Manager in the day-to-day operations of the store
• Conduct daily handover briefing with the Store Manager updating him/ her on any relevant issues; customer complaints, refunds and exchanges etc.
• Facilitate in staff supervision and development, allocate duties and ensure these are carried out in a effective manner
• To deputize for the Store Manager in his/her absence.
• Support the Store Manager in controlling and managing all aspects of the day-to-day Store operations such as:
- ensuring the store is in complete readiness prior to opening and that the sales staff has correctly executed his/ her opening checklists
- check the cash intakes and ensure cash drop is captured correctly prior to banking
- tidiness of overall shop floor, stock and fitting rooms
- control and check of merchandise in and out completing relevant paperwork
- ensure compliance with all Health and Safety regulations at work
- maintain stock levels as agreed with the Visual Merchandisers and ensure out of stocks are kept to a minimum
- Assist with inventory counts as required
- undertake any other responsibility as assigned by the Store Manager
• Be responsible to the Store Manager for cash handling, security and the operation of the cash register
• Support the Store Manager in the completion of forms, refunds, returns and control documents according to agreed control procedures.
Development of the ‘Best Retail Team’.
• To develop, coach and mentor the ‘Best’ retail operational team through establishing the right culture and environment, that ‘empowers people through ongoing development and recognition’.
• Motivates their staff through clear and effective communication, providing great leadership and direction.
• To ensure all staff comply with the Grooming and Dress Code policy to ensure the staff represent a brand that is distinguishable and recognizable internationally.
• Promote a working environment of ‘Integrity, Trust and Recognition through recognizing cultural diversity of our people through mutual respect.’
• Results focused and customer service orientated
• Possess fashion knowledge and a natural flair with a keen eye for detail and visual presentation
• Analytical and problem solving skills
• Effective time management and able to prioritize work
• Ability to work on your own autonomy and strong decision making skills
• Effective verbal, written and listening communications skills
• Cultural awareness and sensitivity relating to multi-nationalities
• Demonstrate sound work ethics
• 3-4 years industry experienced
• Flexibility in shift work; weekends, and holidays
• Ability to handle multi-million dollar sales volume
• Computer skills with the ability to operate a cash register
• Book keeping, computerized accounting and spreadsheet knowledge
About the Company
About the Company
Majid Al Futtaim Fashion is a subsidiary company within the Majid Al Futtaim Ventures portfolio, part of the Majid Al Futtaim Holding.
In partnership with internationally renowned designer Liz Claiborne, MAF Fashion’s portfolio boasts brands such as Jane Norman, Monet, Mexx, Fat Face, Liz Claiborne, Juicy Couture and Hoss Intropia. MAF Fashion has approximately 90 retail outlets across the Middle East comprising of stand alone stores as well as store within store concepts.