Assistant Store Manager – Payless
Assistant Store Manager - Payless Jeddah (KSA-WP)
Payless ShoeSource, the largest specialty family footwear retailer in the western hemisphere, is now open in Kuwait and Saudi Arabia. Payless is known for bringing shoppers great style, quality and brand names - all at great prices.
Payless was founded in 1956 in Topeka, Kansas, in the United States. Some 50 years later, Payless serves millions of customers - women, men and children -- through its powerful network of more than 4,500 stores, which are located in a variety of retail settings. Payless is in all 50 U.S. states, as well as in Canada, Puerto Rico, Guam, Saipan, the U.S. Virgin Islands, Central America, the Caribbean, South America and now, in partnership with Alshaya, Kuwait and Saudi Arabia, with future plans to expand across the Middle East in the United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Oman, Bahrain, Qatar, Egypt, Jordan and Lebanon.
Payless customers will enjoy such well recognized brands as Airwalk(R), American EagleTM, Smartfit(R), and the Disney collection including shoes and accessories featuring Hannah Montana, Dora the Explorer, Spider-Man and Cars. Also available at the new stores are Payless Designer Collections with hot-off-the-runway looks from New York fashion designers Lela Rose with Lela Rose for Payless; Stacey Bendet with the alice + olivia for Payless; and Laura Poretzky with the Abaet© for Payless designer label.
The Payless Designer Collections are among the most widely distributed designer footwear labels in America today. The collections feature original designs by each designer that are unveiled at New York Fashion Week and later brought to Payless stores at affordable prices.
As the Assistant Store Management staff, you will be managing a fast paced store providing excellent customer service experience to all customers. Accountable to maximise store contribution through exploiting every opportunity to drive sales. Lead by example to coach the Department Managers to drive sales, reduce stock loss, maximize merchandising opportunities and maintain cost controls.
* Ensures communication is effective throughout Store and back to the brand team.
* Implement and review all stock loss prevention controls.
* Implement processes specefic to store product, size & location.
* Manage a team including:instore training, recruitment, motivation, coaching, development, disciplinary & performance appraisals.
* Implement store layout, visual merchandising, stock & fixture positioning according to brand guidelines, Manage stock replenishment, product launches and promotions.
* Ensure the store is fully compliant administratively & procedurally accordingly to company guidelines & deadlines.
* Maximise sales & ensure customer focus is prioritized at all times.Weekly / daily analysis of commercial reports & implementation of action plans where necessary.
* Manage manpower planning according to business needs.
* Deputize in the absence of the Store Manager.
Skills & Experiences:
* Minimum 3 years retail management experience.
* Good communication skills.
* Previous experience in working within similar store environment. Extensive leadership, decision making, planning & organizing and relationship building skills.
* Bilingual (Arabic & English) preferable.
* Efficient using MS Office and other computer applications.
About the Company
About the Company
M.H. Alshaya is a leading international franchise operator for over 70 of the world’s most recognised retail brands including Mothercare, H&M, Debenhams, American Eagle Outfitters, Harvey Nichols, Boots, Starbucks, The Cheesecake Factory, Vision Express, M.A.C, Victoria’s Secret, Pottery Barn and Office Depot. The company operates more than 2,400 stores across 7 divisions: Fashion & Footwear, Food, Health & Beauty, Optics, Pharmacy, Home Furnishings and Office Supplies.
Alshaya’s stores can currently be found in 19 markets across the Middle East & North Africa, Russia, Turkey and Europe and it employs more than 32,000 people from over 110 nationalities.
The company has established itself as the industry leader across these territories through a combination of local market understanding and a comprehensive commitment to customer service. Growth in each of its operating divisions and brands is supported by continuous investment in talent and infrastructure. It applies best practices in retail operations, merchandising, marketing, information technology, logistics, real estate, human resources and financial controls.
M.H. Alshaya is the retail business of the Alshaya Group, which was founded in Kuwait in 1890 and today represents one of the most dynamic companies in the Middle East. In addition to its retail operations, the Alshaya Group is active in a number of other sectors including real estate, automotive, hotels, trading and investments.