Assistant Store Manager (X2) – Guess
Al Futtaim Group
GUESS is a globally recognised high fashion brand offering the latest trends in accessories, womens, mens and childrens fashions.
With over 70 stores located around the GCC this is a great opportunity to become part of a dynamic work environment and get involved in the expansion and future growth of this exciting brand.
About the Job:
The Assistant Store Manager is responsible for selling floor leadership with overseeing the customer experience, training and development of the store staff, leading by example on the selling floor and maintaining the store standards on the selling floor and stockroom, and acts as second in command assisting the store manager in the overall running of an individual store.
* Leads by example by training, developing and providing ongoing feedback and coaching on product knowledge, selling skills, visual merchandising and delivering the customer experience.
* Ensures an excellent level of customer service is a priority at all times by executing and achieving the Customer Experience consistently through regular assessment, coaching and follow-up with team.
* Maintains visibility and leads by example on the selling floor to answer customer questions and supports all selling functions.
* Maintains all visual merchandising standards, directives, promotions, and overall cleanliness and organization of the sales floor and stockroom.
Drive Sales + Profitability
* Meets or exceeds profitability expectations for the store in sales, payroll, shrink and conversion.
* Executes strategies to maximize store sales and control expenses.
* Controls company assets by meeting all loss prevention measures (consistent management of inventory, in- and out-bound stock movements, sales, returns, exchange, store maintenance, etc)
The ideal candidate:
* Minimum two years senior sales associate experience with a proven track record for driving sales and profit results and training and developing a team of individuals
* High school education or equivalent preferred
* Able to do some heavy lifting in excess of 30 pounds
* Comfortable with standing for a minimum of eight hours
* Uses sound judgment when making decisions
* Excellent communication skills
* Acts with integrity and respect
* Adapts to changes required by the business
* Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
About the Company
About the Company
Established in the 1930's, the Al-Futtaim Group initially operated as a trading enterprise. Rapid development throughout the 1940's and 50's saw it establish itself regionally as an integrated commercial, industrial and services organisation, positioning itself one of the leading business houses in the lower Gulf region. Today, it operates collectively over 40 companies bearing the Al-Futtaim name, dominates many market segments in the UAE, and has expanded its sphere of operation to include Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman and Egypt.
The Group comprises a diverse range of strategically positioned operating subsidiaries and associate companies, structured to give the Al-Futtaim Group the flexibility and versatility to keep ahead of local competition while keeping pace with the ever-evolving global business scenario. The Group’s continued investment in world-class systems technology is clear evidence of its commitment to maintain leading edge performance and service delivery.
The success of the Al-Futtaim Group can be attributed to a business approach that combines the ability to change with the traditional values of integrity, service and social responsibility that define its core business philosophy. This, linked with the Group’s belief in decentralisation, gives the heads of the operating companies a high degree of functional autonomy and authority, providing the Group with essential flexibility, and individual employees a clearly defined work culture and sense of responsibility.