Assistant Store Manager
Opportunities are available across a number of Fashion & Footwear brands such as H&M, TopShop, American Eagle & Footlocker
* Maximizes store contribution through exploiting every opportunity to drive sales, reduce stock loss and maintain cost controls.
* Delivers the highest levels of motivation and development of team members and ensures individual and store compliance with all company regulations and procedures.
* Maximizes sales and exceeds store budgets, achieved through effective and continuous space, stock and seasonal management, and highest possible levels of customer service.
* Uses sales and space reports to determine correct allocation of space within store, and uses sales history to condense or open space out seasonally.
* Advises (Business Manager / Operations) on out of stock departments/lines, slow sellers or price sensitivities.
* Plans and organizes key/promotional events in a timely and systematic way, to ensure on-time delivery.
* Drives highest possible standards of in-store visual impact.
* Ensures brand/layout guidelines are being correctly followed to deliver brand values and ensure corporate 'handwriting' is evident in presentation.
* Drives sales floor presentation and housekeeping/recovery principles to the highest standard by regular walk through and corrective action/coaching.
* Constantly seeks to improve staff awareness of stock loss issues.
* Actively seeks out and implements any additional opportunities to reduce stock loss.
* Administers all staff issues.
* Ensures an effective communication of issues and ideas between store and operational management.
Skills and Experience:
* Minimum 2 years retail management experience.
* Excellent communication skills (English essential and Arabic preferred).
* Previous management experience within a retail environment.
* Extensive leadership, decision making, planning & organizing and relationship building skills.
About the Company
About the Company
M.H. Alshaya is a leading international franchise operator for over 70 of the world’s most recognised retail brands including Mothercare, H&M, Debenhams, American Eagle Outfitters, Harvey Nichols, Boots, Starbucks, The Cheesecake Factory, Vision Express, M.A.C, Victoria’s Secret, Pottery Barn and Office Depot. The company operates more than 2,400 stores across 7 divisions: Fashion & Footwear, Food, Health & Beauty, Optics, Pharmacy, Home Furnishings and Office Supplies.
Alshaya’s stores can currently be found in 19 markets across the Middle East & North Africa, Russia, Turkey and Europe and it employs more than 32,000 people from over 110 nationalities.
The company has established itself as the industry leader across these territories through a combination of local market understanding and a comprehensive commitment to customer service. Growth in each of its operating divisions and brands is supported by continuous investment in talent and infrastructure. It applies best practices in retail operations, merchandising, marketing, information technology, logistics, real estate, human resources and financial controls.
M.H. Alshaya is the retail business of the Alshaya Group, which was founded in Kuwait in 1890 and today represents one of the most dynamic companies in the Middle East. In addition to its retail operations, the Alshaya Group is active in a number of other sectors including real estate, automotive, hotels, trading and investments.