Associate Mall Manager
Majid Al Futtaim Properties (MAF Properties)
• To ensure the mall is presented to its customer in the highest possible standards by maintaining the interior and exterior of the building.
• Conduct regular inspection of the interior of the property with specific attention on cleanliness, preventive maintenance, health and safety, fire and safety, security and parking.
• To complete the quarterly property inspection reports to tract maintenance programs & repairs in the complex, including the follow up to ensure corrective measures are completed in a timely manner.
• Provide detail annual budgets, with back up notes for all expenses related to the interior of the mall to be included in the annual operating budget
• Recommend/purchase required equipment as need to maximize efficiency of the interior cleaning, traffic & security team.
• As per directives from the Management, enforce rules & regulations are followed by the Tenants with particular focus on operating hours, delivery schedule, waste removal, promotional signs & other related issues.
• Monitor and review performance of all contract service providers to ensure scope of work contained in the contract is complete.
• Serve as a Team Leader for the Crisis Management Response Team
• Coordinate with cleaning contractor to ensure proper manpower is in place to maintain the interior of the mall in the highest possible standard.
• To oversee the cleaning contract, including scheduling of cleaning staff l, implement cost cutting program & improve cleaning efficiencies.
• To ensure that the Exterior Cleaning company delivers the standards in cleaning the Building Facade, Mall High Level, Parking and Periphery.
• Food Court, Mall front of the house areas, entrances, parking, back of the house areas, periphery & exterior of the building are maintained at all times to set a standards.
• To coordinate the repairs & maintenance projects, property inspections with FM contractor to ensure items are delivered in a timely manner.
• To oversee the duties & performance of the exterior maintenance contract to ensure the exterior of the building in maintained to the highest level possible.
• Report any unsafe condition which requires repair to the top management for immediate remedies.
• To review the Planned Preventive Maintenance (PPM) schedule checks are carried out for all assets.
D) Health & Safety
• Under the guidance of the Management oversee any remedial repair works to ensure there is no safety risk to customers.
• Conduct hygiene inspections and ensure standards are maintained as per Municipality standards.
E) Traffic Management & Taxi Service
• To oversee the traffic management system including the coordination & scheduling of traffic team, maintaining & fine tuning traffic management systems (barriers, counters, shutters, variable message signage) & taxi.
• To coordinate with taxi company supervisors to maintain proper procedures for the taxi drop off & pick up areas.
• Oversee the exterior & interior way finding signage & recommend appropriate changes.
• To oversee the valet parking contract and its operations.
• Financial Planning
• Plan, prepare and control Capex/Operating budget estimated at for the year.
• To review the Capital expenditure budget monthly of planned phasing and priority based effective utilization and to maintain timeline.
• Explore, create and suggest to the Management additional unutilized areas within the mall which can be converted in a revenue generating area
• Overall management of Budgets
• Provide high quality professional support and coordination services.
• To assist the company at achieving their goals.
• Serve the Company faithfully and diligently, working to your maximum capability.
• Engage in business practices which benefit the clients, staff and community.
Perform the following and responsibilities duties (and as varied from time to time by the Company) to the best of the Employee’s ability and knowledge:
POSITION KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Obtain a thorough working knowledge of The Vintage and its strategic marketing goals,
• Assist Marketing in the preparation of Marketing Plan for the Asset,
• Assist in liaising with marketing and public relations consultants at all levels,
• Assist with preparation and procurement of high quality marketing brochures, press placements for the Asset and its associated products,
• Establish a good working relationship with other marketing staff within the Asset and other departements,
• Assist in the planning and execution of marketing and community functions on and off site,
• Assist in timely preparation of monthly project control group reports,
• Handle sensitive inquires with tact and discretion,
• Liaise with clients,
• Obtain an understanding of the company and its industry,
• Follow up actions as maybe directed by management,
• Produce quality documents from written text,
• File, retrieve, sort, photocopy and / or collate documents,
• Provide accurate information and advice,
• Assist management in the use and upkeep of central filing system,
• Act as custodian of corporate documents and records, i.e. Brand Style Guide,
• Implement new / improved systems when required and take initiative in recommending change,
• Creates and maintains databases and spreadsheet files,
• Obtain data from both internal and external sources. Interpreting data supplied and analyze information,
• Prioritizes work and meet timelines,
• Adhere to purchase procedures and assist in the management of tax invoices or related invoices and budgets,
• Make a conscious effort to save on overheads, where possible recycle paper, avoid duplication of work or supplies, use competitive suppliers etc,
• Assist with arranging programs, events, or conferences,
• Assist in the management of telephones and administration of the project office,
COMPANY KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Use all reasonable efforts to promote the interests of the Company
• Act in the Company’s best interests
• Assists with tasks to achieve group or company goals
• Provide quality customer service
• Assist with multi-skilling and training of co-workers
• Continually develop knowledge and undertake training when necessary
• Be familiarized with IT requirements
• Comply with all Company policies as implemented from time to time.
Bachelor’s degree with 5 years’ work experience
Good communication skills in Arabic & English (Written and verbal)
Poses a good management and leader ship skills
Preferably retail and shopping mall knowledge
Managerial experience – Three years
About the Company
About the Company
Majid Al Futtaim Properties is one of MENA’s leading diversified property companies with operations across shopping malls, hotels and mixed-use communities.
The Shopping Malls Business Unit, an industry leader, owns, manages and develops mall destinations that provide memorable shopping, entertainment and social experiences for its customers. Majid Al Futtaim Properties has pioneered the regional face of retail, leisure and entertainment, since the launch of its first mall, Deira City Centre in 1995. The company’s mall portfolio includes 17 shopping centres across UAE, Bahrain, Oman, Egypt and Lebanon with a combined gross leasable area (GLA) of over 1 million sqm, more than 2,800 tenants and an increasing footfall of over 160 million visitors in 2013.
The Hotel Business Unit develops and manages hotels and branded serviced apartments that are synergistic with the company’s malls. Majid Al Futtaim owns nine hotels in the UAE and two in Bahrain. Their strategic proximity to the malls contributes to welcoming over 1.2 million guests annually.
The Communities Business Unit develops quality mixed-use projects anchored by residential housing. Majid Al Futtaim currently has three communities under development. The Wave, a joint venture with the government of Oman to develop Muscat’s largest ocean-front integrated community; Al Zahia, a joint venture with the Government of Sharjah, to build the Emirate’s first gated residential community with a regional mall in a prime growth corridor; The 250,000 sqm Waterfront City development in Beirut, Lebanon, a joint venture with Société Joseph Khoury & Fils Holding SAL to build Beirut’s premier mixed used community with one of the largest marinas in the Mediterranean.
Majid Al Futtaim Properties is recognised as a sustainability leader in the MENA region. According to the 2013 Global Real Estate Sustainability Benchmark (GRESB) survey, the company ranks No. 1 in MENA, second in the Asia-Pacific region and in the top 133 property businesses worldwide. In 2013, Majid Al Futtaim launched its new five-year sustainability strategy with the vision to enhance people’s lives through sustainable real estate. This commitment is reflected in Majid Al Futtaim Properties’ pioneering standards, prosperous communities and high performance assets.