Backup & Storage Operation Senior Engineer
Perform infrastructure service operation tasks; including maintaining backup & storage services in an operational status, and help customers to manage their service and provide them with consultation relevant to their requests.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
-- Contribute in managing queues by; monitoring, validating, scheduling & assigning tasks (incidents, changes, problems, releases, calls & reports).
-- Act as a consultant for customers and be ready to provide professional services whether remotely or on customer site on demand basis.
-- Act as technical escalation point for major/complex outages & changes as well as provide technical advices to team members & customers during crisis and major/complex changes/outages.
-- Perform release management including software and hardware upgrades, updates, patches and migrations.
-- Contribute in service operation processes management including contribution in improving, updating and if necessary creating processes and working instructions, attending & if necessary chairing incident, change, release, or problem management meetings including updating relevant dashboards, preparing required data/documents for it and follow-up on action (RCAs, SIPs, PIRs, Case Review Report, etc …) when valid .
-- Provide leadership and coaching to other team members as well as provide technical training including preparing the required material, arrange for premises and aids and delivering the sessions to the team members and other internal organizations as required by the business.
-- Assist the on shifts by tracking and resolving service delivery issues, acting as the technical gateway between the customer and sales
Skills / Qualifications:
- Excellent understanding of backup & storage technologies (file servers, backup servers, NAS/SAN, operating systems and modular storage servers).
- Excellent understanding of IT & networking fundamentals.
- Excellent communication, facilitation and customer facing skills.
- Very good understanding of IT infrastructure products (NetApp Filer, Networker, EMC Bays; Clarion, DMX, VMAX, Celerra, Centerra, Hitashi Bays and Brocade switches).
- Very good understanding of project management.
- Very good technical reports writing skills.
- Good understanding of ITIL service support processes.
- One relevant certification from ITIL, PMP, PRINCE2, Green Belt, ITI Diploma.
- Certification in relevant products are highly recommended.
- Computer, Communication or Electronics MIS, B.Sc. or B.Eng. Degree.
- SoftSkill/Business Courses & Certification (Process Management, time management, negotiation/communication skills...) are recommended.
- At least 8 years of professional experience.
- At least 6 years of IT/Network support technical experience.
- At least 1 year of Project and/or Process management experience.
About the Company
About the Company
Global Knowledge is the worldwide leader in IT and business training. We deliver via training centers, private facilities, and the Internet, enabling our customers to choose when, where, and how they want to receive training programs and learning services.
Our core training is focused on Cisco, Microsoft, Nortel, and Project Management. Our IT courses include networking, programming, operating systems, security, and telephony. Our business courses feature project management, professional skills, and business process curriculum, including ITIL. Our more than 700 courses span foundational and specialized training and certifications.
In 2006, we acquired Azlan Training, which established us as Europe’s largest IT training provider. In 2007, we expanded our global footprint to include IT training, consulting, and services in the Middle East and Africa through the acquisition of Synergy Professional Services.