Bid Manager – Select Auto
Al Futtaim Group
Al-Futtaim Automotive occupies the pre-eminent position of the largest distributor of automotive products in the Emirates, and leads the rapid development of automobile business in the UAE, while continuing to contribute toÂ their brands worldwide growth.
Today, Al-Futtaim Automotive is synonymous with brands such as Toyota, Lexus, Honda, Jeep, Dodge, Chrysler and VolvoÂ which enjoy undisputed leadership in the UAE in terms of the largest number of vehicles on the road. We also hold exclusive franchises for some of the world's top automobiles, plant and automotive products like Hino - Japan's leading heavy-duty vehicle manufacturer, Toyo & Chen shin/ Maxxis tyres, GS & Panasonic batteries as well as the franchises for Hertz Rent-a-car - the worlds largest rental and leasing company and FAMCO heavy goods Machinery.
We are currently looking to recruit an experienced Bid Manager to work from our Dubai based operations. Reporting to Senior Procurement & Contracts Manager, you will be responsible to write proposals for tenders received at Expeditionary Office of Select Auto to help secure new business and support the setup, administration and processes of the expeditionary office as required for the growth of overseas operations.
Your main duties and responsibilities will include:
* Work closely withÂ the consultantsÂ to understand the requirements for each proposal
* Understand the formats and the presentation style required for quotes to US Army and ensure that the same is reflected in submitted proposals
* Provide support to the businesses as required in preparing the proposals
* Ensure compliance with regulations and laws
* Maintain the timelines of the project
* Escalate issues to Director Business Development if there is a delay at any stage of the process
Follow up and Co-ordination
* Interface with the business units to ensure that their deliverables are on time
* Coordinate the efforts of the different entities involved in the process
* Coordinate the flow of information across Al Futtaim entities
Analysis and Reporting
* Prepare overall project status report
* Update key stakeholders on the same
Ensure accuracy in financials
To apply for this role you should have the following skills, experiences and qualifications:
* Experience as a Bid Manager/Bid Writer at all stages of pre-contract procurement
* Experience of preparing and delivering successful bids
* Graduate with knowledge/experience of Project Management, Contract Management, submission of project quotations/proposals and commercial management
* Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
* Strong Financial acumen
* Team player, ability to gain the trust of the business managers, ability to manage customer expectation by delivering on promises and constituency building
About the Company
About the Company
Established in the 1930's, the Al-Futtaim Group initially operated as a trading enterprise. Rapid development throughout the 1940's and 50's saw it establish itself regionally as an integrated commercial, industrial and services organisation, positioning itself one of the leading business houses in the lower Gulf region. Today, it operates collectively over 40 companies bearing the Al-Futtaim name, dominates many market segments in the UAE, and has expanded its sphere of operation to include Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman and Egypt.
The Group comprises a diverse range of strategically positioned operating subsidiaries and associate companies, structured to give the Al-Futtaim Group the flexibility and versatility to keep ahead of local competition while keeping pace with the ever-evolving global business scenario. The Group’s continued investment in world-class systems technology is clear evidence of its commitment to maintain leading edge performance and service delivery.
The success of the Al-Futtaim Group can be attributed to a business approach that combines the ability to change with the traditional values of integrity, service and social responsibility that define its core business philosophy. This, linked with the Group’s belief in decentralisation, gives the heads of the operating companies a high degree of functional autonomy and authority, providing the Group with essential flexibility, and individual employees a clearly defined work culture and sense of responsibility.