After registering as a jobseeker, I received 7 serious interview calls within a short span and now have found my dream job. Thank you GulfTalent.comRead More
Biometric Systems Operator
As a Biometric Systems Operator with Ideal Innovations, Inc (I3), you will support US military forces in Iraq by enrolling non-US support personnel (Iraqis and others) into a computerized base-access system which leverages the very latest biometric identification technologies. I3 provides the professional staff who manage and operate the Department of Defense BISA (Biometric Identification System for Access) program, which is the first - and still the only - ID card program in Iraq using biometric identification technology to ensure that the ID card holders are exactly who they claim to be. It is impossible to forge a BISA badge, since its electronic chip contains biometric data (such as fingerprints) which will match only the characteristics of the person to whom its issue was authorized. Most of the applicants you process will be given a BISA badge, and badge-holders cannot gain access to a US base in Iraq unless the electronic readers at the points-of-entry confirm that the biometric information electronically stored on the badge matches the physical characteristics of the person carrying it.
I3 will train you to:
• Enter data from hand-written applications into a customized computer program which produces the ID card used at US bases in Iraq.
• Take applicants' fingerprints (to FBI standard) using an electronic fingerprint scanner.
• Take digital images of applicants' irises using the latest hand-held iris-scanning devices.
• Take applicants' facial photographs (to US federal ID standards).
• Submit applicants' biographic and biometric data for processing in the BISA Card Management System.
By joining I3 as a Biometric Systems Operator, you will gain first-hand working knowledge of how biometrics technology can be used to improve base, national, and even personal security. The technology used on BISA has huge potential in our immediate future as a large part of the solution to growing problems such as identity theft, credit card and other financial fraud, illegal immigration, and of course, terrorism.
We offer every employee the opportunity to work in a challenging and creative environment. Becoming a member of our Continental United States (CONUS) team or our Outside Continental United States (OCONUS) team allows you to work with skilled subject matter experts, experience the benefits of a flexible management style, and be rewarded with a highly competitive benefits package. Please apply online.
I3 is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To qualify for employment as a Biometric Systems Operator with I3, you must meet ALL the following requirements at the time you apply:
• Must hold a current SECRET US government security clearance (SECRET).
• Must be a High School graduate (some college preferred).
• Have verifiable communications skills.
• Have good medical and dental health (to meet DOD deployment criteria).
• Hold a US passport valid for international travel.
• Hold a valid US driver's license.
• Hold a major credit card (to facilitate your pre-deployment and international travel; note that authorized expenses will be reimbursed).
• Have verifiable data-entry, internet, and general computer skills.
• Be ready to deploy to a US base in Iraq within 30 days of application; note that this will require timely submission of biographic data to process you for a security clearance. Other documentation will also be required. If you are employed but subsequently miss your deployment date because of failure to complete your documentation in a timely manner, your employment will be terminated.
About the Company
Ideal Innovations, Inc. (I-3) is a northern Virginia based consulting firm providing cutting-edge technological, scientific, engineering and security solutions to government and private industry. The company was founded in 1998 by Bob Kocher in response to the US government's urgent need for specialized, responsive technology consulting in areas directly affecting the health and safety of US citizens.