Board of Directors Secretary
The roles and responsibilities of the Board Secretary include:
• Professionalizing the work of the Board and improving corporate governance practices (identify gaps in corporate governance matters and propose ways to address such weaknesses).
• Helping the Board work at its highest level of efficiency, by introducing best practice working procedures and legal requirements.
• Working closely with the Chairman of the Board in the planning and organizing the Board of Directors meetings.
• Assisting in establishing and maintaining clear communication between the various governing bodies of the Company in compliance with the Company’s articles, charters, family protocols and other internal regulations.
• Coordinating among the various Board members, as well as between the Board and other Company constituencies (including Shareholders, management and employees).
• Providing professional and administrative support to the Annual General Assembly meeting and to ensure that the Company’s legal obligations to its Shareholders are being properly discharged;
• Ensuring that the Board and Board committee charters are kept up to date (ensure that the governing bodies follow existing internal corporate rules and policies, and change them, or institute new ones, when appropriate).
• Ensure that the governing bodies adhere to all relevant regulatory requirements, both domestic and possibly foreign.
• Providing the Board members with accurate and complete information to support their decision making process.
• Providing induction training for newly elected Directors, training of incumbent Board members and assisting the Chairman of the Board in carrying out the performance evaluation of the Board.
• Advising Directors on their duties and responsibilities.
• Maintaining complete records of all Board members; their recent resume, their contact details, their business interests, their approval to serve in the Board including duration of their service and expiry of their term.
• Notifying all directors of the Board meetings and assisting the Chairman to set the agenda for each Board meeting.
• Attending all Board meetings and ensuring that accurate minutes of meetings are taken and approved and that the format and level of detail of the minutes recorded reflects the wishes of the Board.
• Circulating minutes of meetings 1 week after the meeting to all Board members.
• Ensuring Board meetings are conducted in accordance with the organization’s by-laws.
• Maintaining meetings records, and documents relating to all Board and Committee meetings, and the entity’s seal and stamps. (The Book of Minutes is made available to any Board member requesting a review of past minutes).
• Following up on action items of both the Board and its Committees.
• Communicating to and collecting voting ballots from directors.
• Establishing templates for preparing Board papers and presentations.
• Resolving organizational matters for Board meetings.
• Substantial business knowledge and experience to understand the Company’s business,
• Good presentation skills,
• Good organisational and time management skills,
• A high degree of attention to detail,
• Excellent Arabic / English speaking & writing.
• Excellent in MS office package.
• A good understanding of business law and finance, and
• Degrees or professional qualifications in business, law, accountancy or public administration.
• Diploma in Secretary or higher degree
About the Company
About the Company
Here was the beginning ... In the mid 1960’s, Almutlaq Holding has been created and established under the name of Almutlaq Company Limited by the hands of the founding of the first generation, as one of leading and specialized companies in manufacturing and selling furniture in the Kingdom. Our beginnings were so unpretentious like most companies at that time. We opened our first branch and showroom in Khobar on the east coast, and soon to follow the opening of our branches and showrooms in Riyadh and Jeddah on the west coast.
With the passage of time, and with movement of the helm from the generation of founders to the leaders of the second generation, who have worked on strategic plans and goals since the first day in the best interest of the company for careful expansion. Over the years, one of the results of this deep and hard work, the company gained credibility, commitment, loyalty and a good reputation among consumers and the Saudi citizen on the one hand and to the largest manufacturers and suppliers of furniture in the world on the other.