Business Development Manager – IPP
GS Engineering & Construction
• Lead the business development strategic efforts to identify and cultivate new opportunities of desired size and scope in the power market.
• Support business development and marketing efforts simultaneously.
• Develop relationships with targeted individuals, groups and organizations using a broad knowledge of commercial structuring.
• Establish, build and manage relationships between managers and key executives in customer and prospective customer organizations.
• Actively participate in planning the business development/capture strategy for specific prospects.
• Must have capability to develop approval documentation and presentation material in support all activities in the business cycle.
• Remain abreast of the business development activity and strategy of competitors, including service offerings, pricing trends, and business development approaches.
• Supervise and participate in the preparation and coordination of proposals, including developing and managing proposal win plans and budgets.
• Identify and evaluate technical, strategic and commercial structure in support of a success in the business.
• Lead the negotiations of all commercial agreements, including the applicable execution contracts.
• Prepare and secure corporate approval of the project and contract.
• Recommend and support research of current and possible future strategic markets and objectives.
• Recommend new services and new industry markets that the company should actively pursue.
• Maintain contacts with appropriate government entities to facilitate understanding of future industry drivers.
• B.S. in an Engineering Discipline
• M.B.A. (preferred)
Experience & Skills:
• Proven expertise and a strong sales record in the power market with the ability to identify new business and penetrate key clients in target market.
• Extensive demonstrable experience (and a track record) in the development of successful IPP projects.
• Knowledge in preparation of capture plans, strategic and win plans in the pursuit of projects.
• Strong understanding of the power market and project delivery requirements in support of project implementation.
• Experience in the structuring and negotiations of execution contracts.
• Strong knowledge of risk identification and management in the power industry.
• Must have knowledge of and relationships with key decision makers and purchasers of services in the power industry.
• Fifteen plus years of experience in the power engineering & construction market.
• Strong commercial knowledge regarding terms and conditions associated with utility and Independent Power Producer (IPP) contracts.
• Well-developed understanding of marketing, business development and targeted sales strategies in the power transmission business.
• Demonstrated ability to plan and organize resources.
• Must be comfortable managing the sales process at various stages of development.
• Experience in management, supervision, and personnel administration functions, including selection and training of personnel.
About the Company
About the Company
GS E&C has established its status as a top-ranking company domestically since its foundation in 1969 by achieving tremendous growth in the fields of architecture, civil engineering, housing, plant, environment and power plant.
Through continuous development of its human resources, acquisition of technologies, determined challenges and practices, GS E&C has set forth the stepping stones to leap as a Global Leading Company.