Business Development Manager Sales and Services – System Solutions
Al Futtaim Group
Oman Marketing and Services Company (Omasco) is a leading trading, property and financial services business in the Sultanate of Oman with key activities in automotive, marine, electronics, projects and engineering, industrial products and other services. Established in 1974, the company represents leading world-renowned brands and strives to be one of the most respected companies in Oman. The Sultanate of Oman holds a well deserved reputation as a highly desirable lifestyle location on the Indian Ocean coast of the Arab Peninsular.
Omasco is represented across Oman with sales and service teams based in each key city or town. The team in Omasco is highly motivated towards trying to provide an excellent customer experience supported by regular training by the franchise Principals to ensure all products can be properly serviced and maintained.
The company holds exclusive distributorship rights in Oman for many world-class brands including Honda, Panasonic, Toyo, Yanmar, GE, Black & Decker, Raymond Weil, Kolber, Dow, Prominent, Culligan, Alba, BPL, Aftron, Rheem, Hamilton Jet and ADNOC.
* To be responsible for developing a strategically significant business growth plan and agreeing the annual revenue and net contribution budget together with supporting strategies and actions which are measureable against previous year results and budget tasking
* To lead a professional, capable , high performing, enthusiastic and properly resourced sales and services team
* To carefully train and develop the team and to share industry best practices in providing solutions
* To participate in the identification and evaluation of potential new business opportunities and to eliminate any loss making activities and to make recommendations
* To monitor and improve the performance standards of each individual and the team as a whole.
* To continuously monitor the business to react swiftly to variances to generate business results and growth
* To ensure efficient stock rotation
* Work closely with key partners from Customers,Team, Principals, other alliances (cross selling, etc)
* Create and implement product awareness campaigns/promotional activities
* Liaise closely with the product management team the introduction of new products, training, etc..
* Ensure strict adherence toÂ commercial rules of the business
In order to apply for this role you should possess the following:
* Any graduate with Management qualification
* Senior career relevant experience.
* Knowledge on selling, execution and project management of Extra Low Voltage systems (or Systems Solutions)
* Integration of different ELV systems
* Knowledge on IP based systems, networks and solutions
* Customer centric focus
* Successful experience in leading and managing customers of relevant industry sectors
* Experience in interpreting and using Market intelligence
* Strong leadership skills
* Attention to details
* Good analytical skills
* Ability to lead and develop a team of multi-cultural, multi-lingual background
* Good communication and negotiation skills
* Planning and Organizing skills
About the Company
About the Company
Established in the 1930's, the Al-Futtaim Group initially operated as a trading enterprise. Rapid development throughout the 1940's and 50's saw it establish itself regionally as an integrated commercial, industrial and services organisation, positioning itself one of the leading business houses in the lower Gulf region. Today, it operates collectively over 40 companies bearing the Al-Futtaim name, dominates many market segments in the UAE, and has expanded its sphere of operation to include Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman and Egypt.
The Group comprises a diverse range of strategically positioned operating subsidiaries and associate companies, structured to give the Al-Futtaim Group the flexibility and versatility to keep ahead of local competition while keeping pace with the ever-evolving global business scenario. The Group’s continued investment in world-class systems technology is clear evidence of its commitment to maintain leading edge performance and service delivery.
The success of the Al-Futtaim Group can be attributed to a business approach that combines the ability to change with the traditional values of integrity, service and social responsibility that define its core business philosophy. This, linked with the Group’s belief in decentralisation, gives the heads of the operating companies a high degree of functional autonomy and authority, providing the Group with essential flexibility, and individual employees a clearly defined work culture and sense of responsibility.