Business Development Manager
Exel Saudi Arabia
Exel Saudi Arabia, the business entity of Deutsche Post DHL - DHL Supply Chain in Saudi Arabia, is currently looking to recruit a Business Development Manager to provide business development leadership and program management for major Energy, Oil and Gas sector target accounts and business opportunities in Saudi Arabia.
Success in the role is based on the ability to develop key corporate relationships with the customers, to grow strategic new business and opportunities with supply chain customers, resulting in revenue and profit growth for Exel Saudi Arabia.
Ultimately this role is responsible for actively manage the Oil & Gas business development pipeline of Saudi Arabia and the sector growth further expanding the industry sector foot print of DHL Supply Chain.
Responsibilities include but not limited to
•Initiating, managing and developing new business opportunities within Oil & Gas and Industrial Sector
•Actively manage Oil & Gas business development pipeline of Saudi Arabia and associated update locally/regionally/internationally
•Support project managers in implementation planning with regards to resource requirements, implementation budgets and implementation timing
•Act as communications & reporting hub between Global Business Development, Bid Team and operational leaders of Oil & Energy business to ensure appropriate information-sharing and alignment between these inter-related functions in new business pursuits
•Build relationships with internal business managers & be able to discuss & agree how clients can be more effectively supported.
•Leading commercial negotiations with clients Logistics Executives on behalf of DHL Supply Chain and in cooperation with DHL Supply Chain’s Operational department
•Perform business reviews with key decision makers to provide insight into the opportunities, savings and the value of what DHL Supply Chain delivers.
•Ability to develop strong business relationships within all levels of organizations, including senior level executives
1.Minimum 5 years in relevant higher position and Logistical experience in related to business development/sales and marketing roll/association
2.Strong negotiation skills
3.Strong market and industrial knowledge/logistics and supply chain
4.Good level of knowledge in Project Management methodology and associated technique
5.Ability to lead and divert in high density work environment and work with an international team that includes managing day-to-day business pressures as well as critical activities of mega project implementations and transitions
6.Ability to combine commercial considerations and client-focus with sound judgement
7.Comprehensive knowledge in sales and marketing approaches in logistics and 3PL/4PL environment as well as managing larger tendering processes with efficiency
8.Ability work under pressure and manage client expectation as well as contractual deliverables
9.Strong Leadership and quality skills, self-confidence and motivation, decisiveness, flexibility, sound business judgment, and determination.
10.Familiarity with the latest developments in management techniques
11.Proven “business-to-business” sales experience in the transportation, logistics, or Oil & Gas industry
12.In-depth knowledge of supply chain and Logistics products and services
13.Excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to persuade, influence, negotiate and make formal presentations in meetings and training environments
About the Company
About the Company
Exel – Saudi Arabia, today is part of Deutsche Post DHL family and represents DHL Supply Chain division in Saudi Arabia division
Our presence in Saudi Arabia starts with formal joint ventures with Olayan Group of companies established in early stage of 2002. The joint venture supports the operations of Olayan companies in Saudi Arabia also offers a broad range of contracted logistics services to other companies such Saudi Aramco in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. In addition to traditional warehousing and distribution, the company specializes in international supply chain management, value-added and pre-retailing, e-commerce, bonded warehousing and information management services.
The company offered services include:
- Collection of goods from overseas suppliers
- Arrange transfer of goods from overseas supplier to port of origin
- Using DHL Exel’s global purchasing power, arrange inbound sea and / or air freight
- At Jeddah, Riyadh Dry Port, Dammam and Dammam Bonded Zone
- Transport of ambient, chilled and frozen products from ports of entry
- In excess of 150,000 pallet positions across KSA
- Sites in Riyadh, Al Khobar, Dammam Bonded Zone, Jeddah and Abha
- Ambient, chilled and frozen storage
- DHL Exel provides a scheduled and non-scheduled service to our clients enabling them to transfer goods between sites when they need to reposition inventory (typically, as goods enter a KSA port, clients often need to reposition part of the consignment to other regions)
- Assemble goods at our Distribution Centers to meet customer orders
- Delivery of orders from DHL Exel Distribution Centers to retail outlets
- In excess of mix fleet profile of more than 300 vehicles cover nationwide
- More than 1000 logistics personnel cover daily operations activity in 20 locations around kingdom
- Mix size of 3, 5, 7, 10 and 20 tone vehicles
- A Mix of temperature controlled and ambient vehicles
- Scheduled and non scheduled service from UAE to KSA
- DHL Exel has invested heavily in new IT Solution. The company is currently running the Exceed/Infor Warehouse Management System across its sites