Business Manager – Castania
Recognised as the leading and most influential retailing franchisee in the region, the company is currently expanding its food retail operations in theÂ Middle East and is looking for a Business Manager - Castania. The successful candidate will be a confident communicator, passionate about delivering exceptional customer service within a branded environment and will have a solid track record for coaching & developing teams.
* To be fully accountable for the P&L delivery and growth
* To lead strategic brand developmentÂ & business planning
* To review performance according to brand objectives and standards
* To manage delivery of optimum ongoing sales and cost performance
* To maintain brand/partner relationships
* To be responsible for setting product and pricing strategy
* To manage the shops location strategy
* To oversee brand marketing communication and media planning
* To provide team development and leadership
* To be responsible for team succession planning
* To share best practices and ensure rolled out in all operations key performance areas
* Energetic & dynamic
* Commercially astute and profit driven
* An influential, proactive and strong leader
* A proven track record of delivering success through teamwork
* An excellent negotiator
* Comfortable managing complexity
* 10-15 years gained in food retail and/ or high-end food FMCG / grocery related retail industry (including a minimum of half in senior management positions) and passionate for food brands and retail
* Preferably with some multi-national / multi-site experience
* Fluent in Arabic, cultural exposure and Middle-East business experience required
About the Company
About the Company
M.H. Alshaya is a leading international franchise operator for over 70 of the world’s most recognised retail brands including Mothercare, H&M, Debenhams, American Eagle Outfitters, Harvey Nichols, Boots, Starbucks, The Cheesecake Factory, Vision Express, M.A.C, Victoria’s Secret, Pottery Barn and Office Depot. The company operates more than 2,400 stores across 7 divisions: Fashion & Footwear, Food, Health & Beauty, Optics, Pharmacy, Home Furnishings and Office Supplies.
Alshaya’s stores can currently be found in 19 markets across the Middle East & North Africa, Russia, Turkey and Europe and it employs more than 32,000 people from over 110 nationalities.
The company has established itself as the industry leader across these territories through a combination of local market understanding and a comprehensive commitment to customer service. Growth in each of its operating divisions and brands is supported by continuous investment in talent and infrastructure. It applies best practices in retail operations, merchandising, marketing, information technology, logistics, real estate, human resources and financial controls.
M.H. Alshaya is the retail business of the Alshaya Group, which was founded in Kuwait in 1890 and today represents one of the most dynamic companies in the Middle East. In addition to its retail operations, the Alshaya Group is active in a number of other sectors including real estate, automotive, hotels, trading and investments.