Business Unit Finance Manager – OMASCO
Al Futtaim Group
Oman Marketing and Services Company (Omasco) is a leading trading, property and financial services business in Oman with key activities in automotive, marine, electronics, projects and engineering, industrial products and other services. Established in 1974, the company represents leading world-renowned brands and strives to be one of the most respected companies in Oman.We currently have an opening for an experienced Business Unit Finance Manager, for Honda Business to join OMASCO.
The role will report to Chief Financial Officer (CFO) of Omasco and will have a dotted line reporting to Regional Head of Finance for Honda.
The responsibilities of this role are:
* Delivering robust Daily Sales Report, monthly P&L and KPI reporting, applicable commentaries and key balance sheet items such as inventory / receivables, as applicable to the Honda business.
* Providing effective monthly and annual forecasting processes to the business, along with comments and analysis, sensitivity, and graphical presentations.
* Ensuring financial integrity and reliability, reviewing and strengthening business internal controls and procedures, implementation of DOA, and providing leadership on process and governance.
* Facilitate setting up of business objectives and ensure timely submission of Annual Plan and Rolling forecasts.
* Review of Business performance against the plan and report operational efficiencies to the Managing Director of OMASCO (MD) / Regional Managing Director (RMD) for corrective action and to ensure financial objectives of the company are met.
* Drive preparation of monthly Management reports to business and the Management Board.
* Present Divisional and Retail KPI's for benchmarking and sharing best practices across locations
* Evaluate and validate inventory planning of the business units and recommend areas for improvement to MD and RMD.
* Provide support to MD / RMD to ensure Receivable and overdue levels of the business units are as per agreed target.
* To support and advise MD and Divisional GMs in (i) commercial review and analysis for decision making (to achieve business objectives); (ii) Capex evaluation and recommendation, Project evaluation and recommendation, (iii) conduct business reviews (iv) DOA requirements
* Advice and support the business units in system and process development for new initiatives and existing process improvements.
* To support MD / RMD in review of policy and procedures of the company and recommend improvement plans to strengthen internal controls.
* Evaluate business response to Internal Audit and ensure timely implementation of Audit Recommendations and compliance with OMASCO Finance support.
To be successfully considered for the above position, candidates will possess the following attributes, knowledge and competencies:
* Internationally recognized accountancy qualification.
* 15 years overall experience with minimum 5 to 8 years in automotive dealerships.
* Automotive business process, accounting and PC skills.
* KPI driven customer focused operation.
* Have the ability to lead change processes.
* Provide financial leadership.
About the Company
About the Company
Established in the 1930's, the Al-Futtaim Group initially operated as a trading enterprise. Rapid development throughout the 1940's and 50's saw it establish itself regionally as an integrated commercial, industrial and services organisation, positioning itself one of the leading business houses in the lower Gulf region. Today, it operates collectively over 40 companies bearing the Al-Futtaim name, dominates many market segments in the UAE, and has expanded its sphere of operation to include Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman and Egypt.
The Group comprises a diverse range of strategically positioned operating subsidiaries and associate companies, structured to give the Al-Futtaim Group the flexibility and versatility to keep ahead of local competition while keeping pace with the ever-evolving global business scenario. The Group’s continued investment in world-class systems technology is clear evidence of its commitment to maintain leading edge performance and service delivery.
The success of the Al-Futtaim Group can be attributed to a business approach that combines the ability to change with the traditional values of integrity, service and social responsibility that define its core business philosophy. This, linked with the Group’s belief in decentralisation, gives the heads of the operating companies a high degree of functional autonomy and authority, providing the Group with essential flexibility, and individual employees a clearly defined work culture and sense of responsibility.