Buyer – Guess
Al Futtaim Group
GUESS is a globally recognised high fashion brand offering the latest trends in accessories, womens, mens and childrens fashions.
With over 70 stores located around the GCC this is a great opportunity to become part of a dynamic work environment and get involved in the expansion and future growth of this exciting brand
We are seeking Buyers for the following categories:
Accessories, Fashion Apparel - Men's & Women's, Kids Apparel & Accessories.
The Retail Buyer coordinates, executes and manages the activities of a buying department, and assists the Retail Merchandising Manager in developing, executing and communicating a product strategy that meets or exceeds financial goals.
* Creates assortment sheets.
* Provides input in line edit meetings.
* Provides support and compiles data to aid in assessing product assortment.
* Participates in product review meetings with cross-functional teams.
* Participates in bottoms-up planning meetings that determine quantities for all styles, evaluates buys at style, class and department level against initial plans, and validates retail prices for all styles.
* Participates in management review meetings of bottoms-up plans.
* Provides support and compiles data for senior management line reviews.
* Analyzes product trends and historical data at departmental and classification level.
* Supports and compiles data as needed to aid in developing seasonal strategies, financial targets, and open-to-buy budgets.
* Attends pre-season meetings between buying and planning.
* Travels for markets and buys against open-to-buy and assortment plans.
* Ensures the financial success of area by meeting or exceeding financial targets including sales, gross margin, gross margin return on investment, and turn goals.
* Reviews weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual sales performance and marketplace information to identify sales trends and business opportunities.
* Provides input and make recommendations to manager on changes to future product assortments and strategies based on in-season analysis and observations.
* Provides input in sales forecast and open-to-buy discussions that review sales and inventory against financial goals, and recommend changes to future order quantities, deliveries, pricing or markdown strategies.
* Develops expert knowledge of customer base by participating in local store visits, evaluates product execution and point of view, gets customer and store associate feedback, communicates to manager.
* Participates in competitive analysis of both direct competitors and opinion leader stores for trend inspiration by shopping these stores.
* Learns to evaluate product assortments, quality, pricing, merchandising strategies and business opportunities.
* Develops effective relationships with partners in field organization, store operations, visual,
* warehouse, production, vendors, etc. to maximize opportunities and minimize risks and / or
* Participates in weekly cross-functional meetings to share information on current business issues.
* Works effectively as a member of a cross functional team by focusing on team objectives and clear communication
* Provides training and feedback as needed to peers, Associate and Assistant Buyers through on the job training, behavioral feedback and modeling, coaching and identifying opportunities for formal training.
* Works efficiently as a member of a cross-functional department team (Merchandising, Planning, and Allocation) by focusing on team objectives and clear communication.
The ideal candidate:
* University Degree holder
* Minimum 3 years merchandising/buying experience
* Good verbal & written communication skills
* Excellent MS Office skills
* Have a keen eye for fashion trends
* Good Decision maker
About the Company
About the Company
Established in the 1930's, the Al-Futtaim Group initially operated as a trading enterprise. Rapid development throughout the 1940's and 50's saw it establish itself regionally as an integrated commercial, industrial and services organisation, positioning itself one of the leading business houses in the lower Gulf region. Today, it operates collectively over 40 companies bearing the Al-Futtaim name, dominates many market segments in the UAE, and has expanded its sphere of operation to include Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman and Egypt.
The Group comprises a diverse range of strategically positioned operating subsidiaries and associate companies, structured to give the Al-Futtaim Group the flexibility and versatility to keep ahead of local competition while keeping pace with the ever-evolving global business scenario. The Group’s continued investment in world-class systems technology is clear evidence of its commitment to maintain leading edge performance and service delivery.
The success of the Al-Futtaim Group can be attributed to a business approach that combines the ability to change with the traditional values of integrity, service and social responsibility that define its core business philosophy. This, linked with the Group’s belief in decentralisation, gives the heads of the operating companies a high degree of functional autonomy and authority, providing the Group with essential flexibility, and individual employees a clearly defined work culture and sense of responsibility.