Buyer – Pharmacist – Boots
Boots has been catering for the healthcare & beauty needs of the British public for over 150 years. As the leading health and beauty retailer in the U.K., Boots has over 3000 stores as well as operating in more than a dozen countries around the globe.
Boots pharmacies have earned a reputation for providing customers with excellent, trustworthy healthcare advice. As the renowned health & beauty expert, Boots showcases the best exclusively developed products which meet every customer's need and desire. Whether you are looking for expert skincare advice, the latest cosmetics, essentials for your baby, dependable and reliable healthcare advice or indulgent hair care treats, you will find them all at Boots.
To manage the Health Care category effectively to meet growth objectives, whilst at the same time ensuring the highest quality of offer to maximize sales and profit as set out in the Business Plan.
Ensure delivery of the Business Plan
* Maximize delivery of sales & profit in line with growth strategy for the Health Care category, including the agreed penetration of Boots brand products and maximizing supplier funding.
* Manage day to day workload of Buying Assistant to ensure Business Plan is delivered Manage local market Intelligence & country learning's & insights
* Visits competitors monthly & reports back to buying team on range, price & environment.
* Uses appropriate market data covering product & market intelligence to deliver insights to the wider buying team
* Turns market intelligence into action points to establish Boots as the Health & Beauty expert in the Region.
Manage range & category management
* To be the key source of product knowledge and information across the whole category or a specific sub category as defined by the Senior Buyer
* Provision accurate information to form part of the overall category Bi Annual Review
* Track Boots brand NPD and ensures these products are on shelf as soon as possible from time of delivery
* Inventory management ( new / exclusive/ replacement / discontinued / promotion / seasonal lines)
* Negotiation with supplier for recommended new lines, price and profit target.
Manage new product development
* Identify & implement new products offers that will increase competitiveness & differentiation.
* Deliver new Boots Brand medicines working with third party suppliers.
Manage pricing strategy
* Review & implement retail prices that are competitive within the agreed policy and ensure the price architecture appropriately reflects product benefits and brand positioning in the Market.
* Monitor margin in relation to price changes across all ranges to ensure the Business plan is achieved.
Manage promotional programme
* Compile all salesplan nominations on a rolling quarterly basis
* Provide financial & customer focused rationale for all proposed salesplan activity.
Manage the supply/category interface.
* Work in partnership with the Supply Chain team, to deliver the best supply chain processes & services, & to meet the agreed key performance Indicators.
* Qualification in Marketing or Business Studies is preferable
* 5 years retail experience including 3 in a buying role
* Negotiation Skills
* Sales Planning
* Pharmacy qualification
About the Company
About the Company
M.H. Alshaya Co. is a leading international franchise operator for over 70 of the world’s most recognised retail brands including Starbucks, H&M, Mothercare, Debenhams, American Eagle Outfitters, P.F. Chang’s, The Cheesecake Factory, Victoria’s Secret, Boots, Pottery Barn and KidZania. The company operates over 2,600 stores across diverse customer sectors: Fashion & Footwear, Health & Beauty, Food, Optics, Pharmacy, Home Furnishings and Leisure & Entertainment.
Alshaya’s stores can be found in markets across the Middle East and North Africa, Russia, Turkey and Europe and the company employs more than 40,000 people from over 110 nationalities.
The company has established itself as the industry leader across these territories through a combination of local market understanding and a comprehensive commitment to customer service. Growth in each of its operating divisions and brands is supported by continuous investment in talent and infrastructure. It applies best practices in retail operations, merchandising, marketing, information technology, logistics, real estate, human resources and financial controls.
M.H. Alshaya Co. is the retail business of the Alshaya Group, which was founded in Kuwait in 1890 and today represents one of the most dynamic companies in the Middle East. In addition to its retail operations, the Alshaya Group is active in a number of other sectors including real estate, automotive, hotels, trading and investments.