Buying Officer – Boots
Boots has been catering for the healthcare & beauty needs of the British public for over 150 years. As the leading health and beauty retailer in the U.K., Boots has over 2500 stores as well as operating in more than a dozen countries around the globe.
Boots pharmacies have earned a reputation for providing customers with excellent, trustworthy healthcare advice. As the renowned health & beauty expert, Boots showcases the best exclusively developed products which meet every customer's need and desire. Whether you are looking for expert skincare advice, the latest cosmetics, essentials for your baby, dependable and reliable healthcare advice or indulgent hair care treats, you will find them all at Boots.
Undertake all activities within a department to achieve Company objectives in a timely and efficient manner.
* Collect process & communicate relevant data in a timely manner, prioritising where necessary.
* Visit competitors monthly with Buyers to search for new lines, brands or ideas.
* Create a competitor visit log to be presented to Senior Buyers.
* Ensure the Country list is circulated to all relevant team members every month.
* Keep stores updated of new product launches & ensure the line list reflects these new additions.
* Create & maintain accurate files & reports.
* Maintain accurate records & reports of category performance as requested by the Buyer / Senior Buyer.
* Maintain & update accordingly all cost, retail prices, barcodes, descriptions & supplier details.
* Assist the Buyer & Senior Buyer to ensure all salesplan materials are available on time.
* Compile a monthly price monitor to ensure Boots pricing is in line with the agreed pricing policy set by the Buyer / Senior Buyer.
* Develop internal & external relationships to benefit the Business.
* Be the key contact for maintaining the master line list.
* Be the point of contact for stores for all pricing / barcode / queries.
* Review & make recommendations for change in all processes regarding the specific department to improve contribution to the Business.
* Act as ambassador for the department & company at all times.
* Ensure the Department complies with company, local market & legal policies, procedures & guidelines.
* Intermediate or advance EXCEL skills.
* Basic or Intermediate MS Word skills
* Excellent Organisational skills
* Concern for Business Efficiency
* Customer Understanding
* Analytical Thinking
* Thoroughness & Attention to Detail
About the Company
About the Company
M.H. Alshaya Co. is a leading international franchise operator for over 70 of the world’s most recognised retail brands including Starbucks, H&M, Mothercare, Debenhams, American Eagle Outfitters, P.F. Chang’s, The Cheesecake Factory, Victoria’s Secret, Boots, Pottery Barn and KidZania. The company operates over 2,600 stores across diverse customer sectors: Fashion & Footwear, Health & Beauty, Food, Optics, Pharmacy, Home Furnishings and Leisure & Entertainment.
Alshaya’s stores can be found in markets across the Middle East and North Africa, Russia, Turkey and Europe and the company employs more than 40,000 people from over 110 nationalities.
The company has established itself as the industry leader across these territories through a combination of local market understanding and a comprehensive commitment to customer service. Growth in each of its operating divisions and brands is supported by continuous investment in talent and infrastructure. It applies best practices in retail operations, merchandising, marketing, information technology, logistics, real estate, human resources and financial controls.
M.H. Alshaya Co. is the retail business of the Alshaya Group, which was founded in Kuwait in 1890 and today represents one of the most dynamic companies in the Middle East. In addition to its retail operations, the Alshaya Group is active in a number of other sectors including real estate, automotive, hotels, trading and investments.