Our international, dynamic client is searching for a CFO. This is a brand new role, created due to sustained growth. This challenging and exciting role reports to the Directors.
Purpose of the role is to actively support the business in monitoring performance on key actions as laid in strategic and operating plans, identify opportunities, mitigate risks and optimise returns to shareholders.
• Provide strategic direction and management of the Finance & IT functions and ensure that this is aligned to the corporate goals leading to shareholder value creation.
• Participation in preparation of the Annual Plan and Strategic Plans that improve the efficiency and long term profitability of the business in the Region and ensure optimal realisation of brand / market potential.
• Ensure the design of a robust business-decision-making framework, driving through process improvements and change initiatives that enable the budgeting, forecasting and reporting to be carried out in a consistent and effective manner.
• Proactively participate in cost benchmarking studies in co-manufacturing locations and co-ordinate with Supply Chain and Operations on sourcing efficiencies
• Act in a fiduciary capacity, protecting the value of the brand through safeguarding assets of the company, both tangible and intangible.
• Ensure compliance with Corporate policies, procedures and local statutory regulations. Manage Statutory and Internal Auditors.
• Demonstrate strong leadership capabilities, managing effectively, the relationships between functions, Regions and World Headquarters
Major Activities and/or Essential Functions
- Conducts standard analysis regarding company banking activities, cash flow and investing activities.
- Assists in producing cash forecasts, treasury reports and portfolio and bank performance reports. This may be accomplished by developing/maintaining internal databases or compiling results from other internal staff.
- Maintains treasury processes, systems and reports.
- May assist internal/external customers with inquiries and requirements.
- Responsible for the investigation and analysis of credit and collection risks
- Assists in producing cash forecasts, treasury reports and portfolio and bank performance reports.
- Using broad financial and treasury knowledge makes recommendations for investing excess cash, portfolio investments and banking arrangements based on favorable interest rates and tax advantages, if any.
- Develops financial models in connection with recommendations which illustrate best scenarios for management decisions.
- Produces cash forecasts, treasury reports and portfolio and bank performance reports.
- Assist internal/external customers with complex inquiries and requirements.
- Manages a network of accounts with Financial Institutions by selecting new banks and services relative to the needs of the business.
- Responsible for opening and closing accounts.
- Analyses statements from various banks.
- Ensures payment of invoices.
- Responsible for ensuring fees or volume are consistent with agreements and resolving any discrepancies.
- Conducts and reports on complex treasury department projects by performing research and analysis.
- Develops financial models in connection with recommendations that illustrate best scenarios for management decisions.
- Develops, communicates and provides guidance on the direction of the processes,
- Using broad financial and treasury knowledge, obtains approval on recommendations and implements processes for raising, investing and allocating capital, portfolio investments and banking arrangements.
- Interprets financial data that is routine in nature for monthly revenue.
- Participate in the development of consolidated budgets, business plans or financial evaluations.
- Performs research/investigation of data discrepancies or anomalies.
- Assists in the development of short and long-term forecasts.
- Assists in implementing and communicating financial processes and controls.
- Supports and or performs research in the areas of rates of return, depreciation, working capital requirements, investment opportunities, investment performance and governmental regulation impact.
- Prepares and submits forecast and trend spreadsheets and reports for management or senior personnel.
- Supports senior personnel on project teams by performing basic research, compiling financial data, performing preliminary analysis, preparing or consolidating spreadsheets and graphical presentations.
- Review data and maintains data integrity
- Assists in the development and completion of the long and short-ter business plans.
- Continually monitors results against forecasts to determine where adjustments are required.
- Develop strategic financial objectives for corporate-wide, segment or regional plans, particularly as it relates to cost savings and long-term profitability.
- Ensures budgets, schedules, and performance standards are realistically set and attained.
- Development, analysis, & interpretation of statistical & acctng info to appraise operating results in terms of profitability, performance against budget, & other matters bearing on the fiscal soundness and operating effectiveness of the organization
- Maintain the organization's system of accounts and keep books and records on all organization transactions and assets.
- Monitors department(s) expenditures to ensure compliance with approved budget and financial policies.
- Performs opening and closing accounting periods.
- Organizes and delegates accounting department procedures.
- Oversees existing accounting systems and makes process and system recommendations to higher level managers.
CA/ CPA or equivalent from a reputed Institute.
Ambitious, dynamic and driven personality
Min 15 years’ experience of delivering in best in class companies
Sound business acumen
Thorough understanding of Control framework
The job requires a lot of travel to Switzerland & Singapore. Candidates should be prepared for this.
About the Company
About the Company
Edge Resourcing was established in the United Arab Emirates in 2008. We have taken care in our growth and have kept our corporate values throughout.
Edge Resourcing is led by a specialist team of Recruitment Consultants, each of whom have experience of working in and a sound knowledge of the local market place. We have gradually expanded our horizons and now offer specialist services within the Middle East Retail sector. Our aim is to provide a thorough and honest service to both our candidates and clients, making sure that we only take on work which we feel we can service to the correct level of satisfaction required.
We currently offer professional and tailored contingency and retained search services to the following specialist sectors of the market:
Accountancy and Finance
Sales and Marketing
Our aim is to continue to position ourselves in the market as one of the most consistent and successful suppliers of manpower. We strive to make things happen and make a difference to your business and career. Success isn’t just about putting people into jobs, but about giving you an honest, personal service. Whether you are a client or a candidate, our aim is to find out exactly what it is that you are looking for, rather than push you to settle for your second choice.