After registering as a jobseeker, I received 7 serious interview calls within a short span and now have found my dream job. Thank you GulfTalent.comRead More
Cashier Part Time (36 hours) – IKEA
Al Futtaim Group
Abu Dhabi, UAE
Cashier Part Time (36 hours) - IKEA Abu Dhabi Yas Island
One of the companies bearing Al-Futtaim name is IKEA.
IKEA is the world's largest home furnishings store, founded in Sweden over 60 years ago. At IKEA not only our furniture is down to earth, straightforward and inspiring, but so is our work ethics. Despite being the leading home furnishing retail franchisee across the world, we at IKEA still give you the room to grow! At IKEA creating a better everyday life for the many isn't only our vision, it's our way of life!
We are looking for a part time Cashiers for our IKEA store in Abu Dhabi. In this role you will be responsible for:
* Receiving payment by cash, check, credit cards, vouchers, or automatic debits
* Computing and recording transactions and ensuring 100% accuracy for all register transactions
* Maintaining clean and orderly checkout areas
* Counting and recording the float before trading begins and upon close of trading
* Cash handling and safe custody of collected cash
* Ensuring that company's customers are well-attended to, assuring their needs are satisfied
* Ensuring and maintaining adequate stock of printed stationary at required stock level
To be successful in winning this role, you will be able to demonstrate:
* Excellent customer service skills
* Good communication and interpersonal skills
* Comfort with shifts
* Ability to work in a team
* Flexibility and punctuality
* High level of accuracy
* Familiarity with computer use
About the Company
Established in the 1930's, the Al-Futtaim Group initially operated as a trading enterprise. Rapid development throughout the 1940's and 50's saw it establish itself regionally as an integrated commercial, industrial and services organisation, positioning itself one of the leading business houses in the lower Gulf region. Today, it operates collectively over 40 companies bearing the Al-Futtaim name, dominates many market segments in the UAE, and has expanded its sphere of operation to include Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman and Egypt.
The Group comprises a diverse range of strategically positioned operating subsidiaries and associate companies, structured to give the Al-Futtaim Group the flexibility and versatility to keep ahead of local competition while keeping pace with the ever-evolving global business scenario. The Group’s continued investment in world-class systems technology is clear evidence of its commitment to maintain leading edge performance and service delivery.
The success of the Al-Futtaim Group can be attributed to a business approach that combines the ability to change with the traditional values of integrity, service and social responsibility that define its core business philosophy. This, linked with the Group’s belief in decentralisation, gives the heads of the operating companies a high degree of functional autonomy and authority, providing the Group with essential flexibility, and individual employees a clearly defined work culture and sense of responsibility.