After registering as a jobseeker, I received 7 serious interview calls within a short span and now have found my dream job. Thank you GulfTalent.comRead More
Cashier – Plug Ins
Al Futtaim Group
Plug-ins Electronix, a member of the Al-Futtaim Group’s electronics division, is the largest multi-brand electronics and IT retailer in the UAE. Representing over 300 leading brands, the electronics powerhouse is currently situated in Dubai Festival City, BurJuman, Al-Ghurair City, Souk Madinat Jumeirah, Marina Mall (Abu Dhabi) and Dubai Mall. Plug-ins Electronix enjoys high-brand recognition across the Middle East and is known for its leadership position and trend-setting initiatives. Reputed for its extensive range of products, the electronics retail chain is underpinned by a team of product-savvy salespersons who guide and assist customers in their purchasing decisions.
In this role you will be responsible for:
• Receiving payment by cash, check, credit cards, vouchers, or automatic debits
• Computing and recording transactions and ensuring 100% accuracy for all register transactions
• Maintaining clean and orderly checkout areas
• Counting and recording the float before trading begins and upon close of trading
• Cash handling and safe custody of collected cash
• Ensuring that company's customers are well-attended to, assuring their needs are satisfied
• Ensuring and maintaining adequate stock of printed stationary at required stock level
• Assisting store operations and sales, with the objective of achieving customer satisfaction levels
To be successful in winning this role, you will be able to demonstrate:
• Experience working as Cashier in a busy counter in retail showroom
• Excellent customer service skills
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Comfortable working in shifts
• Ability to work in a team
• Flexibility and punctuality
• High level of accuracy
About the Company
Established in the 1930's, the Al-Futtaim Group initially operated as a trading enterprise. Rapid development throughout the 1940's and 50's saw it establish itself regionally as an integrated commercial, industrial and services organisation, positioning itself one of the leading business houses in the lower Gulf region. Today, it operates collectively over 40 companies bearing the Al-Futtaim name, dominates many market segments in the UAE, and has expanded its sphere of operation to include Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman and Egypt.
The Group comprises a diverse range of strategically positioned operating subsidiaries and associate companies, structured to give the Al-Futtaim Group the flexibility and versatility to keep ahead of local competition while keeping pace with the ever-evolving global business scenario. The Groups continued investment in world-class systems technology is clear evidence of its commitment to maintain leading edge performance and service delivery.
The success of the Al-Futtaim Group can be attributed to a business approach that combines the ability to change with the traditional values of integrity, service and social responsibility that define its core business philosophy. This, linked with the Groups belief in decentralisation, gives the heads of the operating companies a high degree of functional autonomy and authority, providing the Group with essential flexibility, and individual employees a clearly defined work culture and sense of responsibility.