Smooth and efficient management of a medium to large size operation by achieving and maintaining standards specified in the service contract. Achieve objectives set by the management.
• Ensure all work is carried out as per the contract and client's specification.
• Plan, organize and control operation in a professional manner ensuring prompt, efficient and quality service to the clients in line with superior's instructions.
• Achieve excellence in all areas of service ensuring compliance with company recognized standards.
• Inspect all areas of operations regularly to ensure compliance with company and client's standards and procedures.
• Keep and maintain an approved record of client's and company supplied equipments.
• Update equipment list through periodic inventory. Request in writing repair or replacement of equipments as and when required.
• Review monthly and daily requisitions with chief cook and storekeeper to control excess or shortages of stocks.
• Closely monitor stock level and stock rotation and ensure compliance with the given targets and objectives. Conduct regular inventories to check discrepancies between physical and actual stock. Ensure that stock is properly maintained and procedures are followed properly. Inspect storage areas to check any spoilage or damage to inventories.
• Control food, non food cost and operate within budgeted targets.
• Plan and prepare menus in coordination with the chief cook and seek client's approval for the changes.
• Control all food deliveries and invoices, quality checking and storage of foods. Make sure that all storage areas and doors are locked when not in use.
• Prepare duty roster of staff on site and monitor compliance. Ensure proper allocation of duties to control overtime.
• Monitor the staffing level regularly. Prepare vacation, succession and replacement plan for key personnel in consultation with his Operations Manager. Submit staff need forecast to HRD through his superior.
• Identify staff training needs and initiate training process in coordination with superiors.
• Monitor and supervise on-the-job training process on location as per training guidelines and procedures. Ensure to keep up to date records of all training both of-the-job and on- the-job.
• Ensure proper usage and handling of training manuals and material available on site.
• Keep records of such documents and ensure proper handover as and when required.
• Ensure that all the documents related to staff movements and payroll such as monthly time sheet, overtime justification sheet and transfer forms are kept up-to-date and submit to head office with proper supporting, on time for payroll processing.
• Keep Operations Manager informed about any issues or development related to operations.
• Consult and seek approval from superior for any non-contractual request from client involving extra cost.
• Keep constant touch with clients to forecast increase or decrease in man-days and inform the concerned functions accordingly.
• Ensure smooth running of SMS (Stock Management System) through proper
maintenance of computer and data input/output control. Ensure safety and proper usage of computer equipments.
• Perform all other duties as directed by the Operations Manager.
• Develop and maintain good working relationship with client through regular contacts.
• Handle every complaint/suggestion from clients with positive attitude, sincerity and
promptness. Inform and consult superiors for major issues before responding.
• Keep clients informed about actions through regular feedback.
• Ensure that staffs are well aware of their duties and responsibilities.
• Ensure that staffs assigned in various sections on location have received company and client's inductions and that this is documented.
• Conduct regular meetings with staff to share mutual concerns, work practices,
improvement plans and to communicate company's policies, standards, objectives and other helpful information.
• Ensure staff compliance with company policies and procedures.
• Lead and motivate staff by creating healthy work environment.
• Conduct annual appraisal of staff when required. Ensure fairness in staff appraisal.
• Send a copy of appraisal to HRD for records as required.
• Maintain a professional and pleasant working relationship with all his superiors and
peers at all times.
• Ensure all work is carried out in compliance with the Quality, Health, Safety and
• Environment management system.
• Ensure that all accidents, fire, loss, theft and damages are reported to superiors
immediately and proper procedures are followed. In addition, where appropriate, take remedial action.
• Adhere to the QHSE rules and regulations of client.
• Use correct PPE and maintain them in good condition.
• Ensure proper usage and maintenance of all equipments.
• Conduct daily inspections of all areas ensuring maintenance of good hygiene standards.
• Arrange necessary QHSE training for staff in conjunction with the QHSE Manager on the hazards related to his job.
• Ensure that periodic pest control is carried out in all areas of operations.
• Ensure that all employees under his control maintain the highest possible standard of personal hygiene.
• Ensure that all the employees under his control are medically fit and a copy of their valid food handling certificate is available on site at all times.
• Ensure that the appearance of food service personnel is maintained at highest level conduct random inspections on personnel hygiene, cleanliness of uniforms, and proper identification (badges).
• Monitor food, non food costs to ensure they meet the target set by the Operations Manager
• Review and analyze operational results and figures on a daily basis for better control and forecast.
• Prepare, maintain and submit all the financial reporting documents to head office on t time
Essential Skills and Qualifications:
• Minimum of 3 years experience as a Head Cook in a remote location
• Ability to work independently and as a team member
• Excellent communication skills - in English, both written and oral
• Ability to demonstrate foodservice business acumen with customers.
• Sound knowledge of HACCP and ISO 9000 standards.
• Should be Information Technology literate
Preferable Skills and Qualifications:
• Experience working in an international and multi cultural environment
• Remote site experience
About the Company
Founded in 1957, Supreme Group is a global market leader specializing in developing and operating end-to-end customized logistics, supply chain and associated service solutions to military and privately owned organizations operating in some of the world’s most challenging locations.
With over 55 years’ experience, state-of-the-art warehouses, bulk fuel installations and a fleet of over 2,500 vehicles including land, sea and air transport, Supreme has the capabilities and knowledge to build and manage complete life support systems and offer full hard and soft facility management services.
The Group has a presence in over 25 countries across Africa, Asia, Europe, the Americas and the Middle East and with over 8,800 employees of 70 nationalities, it is truly global and culturally diverse.