Certification Engineer for Qatar
Consolidated Contractors Company (CCC / CCIC)
We are looking for an experienced Certification Engineer to join one of our projects in Qatar.
The principal duties of the position include:
• Overall responsibility for the compilation and indexing of Work Dossiers which shall provide a complete record of the Work and Facilities including, Procurement, Construction, Certification, Installation, Mechanical Completion and Hand-over.
• Develop a suitable Mechanical Completion Procedure and Execution Plan, ensure that all Regulatory Requirements have been identified and clarified, prepare Mechanical Completion Control and Co-ordination procedures and develop a Mechanical Completion Status Index on an electronic database which includes punch list status.
• Prepare and submit for approval proposed format and content for Mechanical Completion Dossiers in line with the project specification requirements.
• Ensure that Supplier Dossiers have been prepared and are indexed as per Contract and Regulatory Authority requirements for submittal to the Purchaser for each item of plant, equipment, building, material etc. incorporated into the Work.
• Ensuring that all required Engineering, Vendor, Operations Related, Safety/Environmental, Fabrication/Construction, Mechanical Completion, As-Built, Project, Supplier, Maintenance and Regulatory Approval Documents and Certification are identified and suitably endorsed as per Contract where required for final Hand Over.
• Ensure that any items which have not been tagged on the P & ID’s have been identified and assigned a unique identification and included in the Mechanical Completion Dossiers
• Ensure that an appropriate Signature Identification Record Sheet is in place and that all signatures on QC reports, certificates, records and other documentation is that of the responsible personnel.
• Liaise with Client, Department Heads and QC Co-ordinator on matters relating to compilation of Mechanical Completion and Hand Over Dossiers.
• Supervise the activities concerning archiving and safekeeping of project records under his custody.
Minimum academic qualification for the position is a Bachelor's Degree in Engineering.
Applying candidates should have at least 10 years of experience in a relevant post in the Oil and Gas Construction Industry.
About the Company
Fifty years ago, the letters CCC represented a little more than the partnership of three ambitious young men in Aden. Today these initials embrace the ambitions and welfare of over 69,000 employed, composed of more than 60 nationalities, in almost every country of the Middle East & Africa. At the end of 2004, CCCs total revenues were in excess of U.S. $2.1 billion dollars. The construction activities of CCC extending over most of the Middle East, cover fields in:
- Heavy Civil Construction: power plants, bridges and highway interchanges, harbor and docks, and civil work for process plants and the petrochemical industry.
- Highways, roads and airports.
- Water and Sewage treatment plants, pumping stations and all related networks.
- Mechanical Construction: fabrication and installation of piping, erection of equipment and vessels, structural steel works for light industry and heavy mechanical works (refineries, petrochemical plants, gas oil separation plants, oil loading and off loading terminals).
- Pipelines for water, gas and oil.
- High Quality Buildings.