Channel Development Manager
Channel Development Manager urgently required for a multinational FMCG (non-food) company.
Based in KSA, the role will entail identifying market conditions for this particular brand on the Saudi market before establishing and then developing the brand through all channels available.
At the initial stage, CDM’s need to work as the first pioneer without a team to support until the company can reach certain Sales Volume, Revenue , Coverage, Distribution and Growth in local country. Only then we the company consider this as a local entity and proper manpower/team will then be provided to manage the local operation.
In addition, you will:
1. Plan and set up a routing list covering high & medium volume customers; 2. To achieve monthly and annual sales target and “Market Share Dominance” through brand; 3. execute and achieve the set daily objectives for sales, distribution, range selling, promotional programs and customer stock weight; 4. ensure timely submission of all administrative work such as Daily Sales Report, update weekly and daily routing schedule list, Competitors Pricing and Market activities and other report may be assigned by management; 5. Conduct task force activities as and when required; 6. To report on the local sales guidance and support and Submit HQ required monthly reports; 7. To interface on product category business policies and directions with the marketing department within the company.
Management: The key role is to review distributor set-up and develop new distributors to strengthen overall distribution coverage and channel development, or to replace non-performing. An effective distributor will have the ability to cover the market; it is the CDM’s responsibility to enable him to achieve market coverage consistent with the company's channel objectives. Distributor management will include:
- Annual plan, setting monthly and quarterly KPI’s.
- Proposing channel promotion programs with monthly reviews.
- Monitoring stock levels on a weekly basis.
- Monitoring sell out data by customer on a weekly basis.
- Pro-active adjustment of plans to meet changing market conditions.
- Pro-active seek new channel and market opportunities.
- Submit monthly volume forecast.
- Collect required documents for reimbursements.
- Motivate and build good relationship with the distributor.
- Work with an improve distributor’s sales team.
- Conduct quarterly business review with distributor and HQ.
Trade price stability: Work closely with Marketing. This is crucial to the growth of our paper brands. No trade channel will be permitted to undercut our recommended pricing. Your responsibility will be:
- Setting the trade price structure.
- Ensure trade price structure is stable across all channels.
- Ensure end user price is stable and at level agreed upon with HQ.
- Monitoring the trade price structure and end user price.
Competitor analysis: Working closely with Marketing to update Competitor movements. We require on time reports that highlight and analyze competitive activity. The reports will cover all key aspects of branding: pricing, distribution, promotions in channel and communications.
Senior Channel Sales specialists are required for this position. A very strong background in Sales & Marketing is an absolute must.
An FMCG background is absolutely required, and we will ONLY consider CVs of candidates who are working or at least have worked in Saudi Arabia in the past (Riyadh or Jeddah).
Candidates MUST speak English and Arabic 100% fluently and will have a very strong background in Traditional Trade and Modern Trade.
About the Company
About the Company
We are recognised leaders in international recruitment. We supply customers in 120 countries with an unrivalled resource network from 200. Our local knowledge provides them with straightforward and cost effective results.
With over 30 years experience providing supplementary staffing, Tangent have the ‘know how’ to deploy single consultants or entire project teams to anywhere in the world. With experts available in 190 countries we are here to supply 'in demand' and 'just in time resources' to our multi-national client base.
Tangent have worked with over 500 customers supplying contingent and campaign services. Our consultants and international researchers are adept at searching for the 'hardest to find skills' in restricted time frames. Our international recruiting database contains over 500,000 experienced candidates.