Chief Financial Officer (CFO) – Pharmaceutical Company
Working for a globally leading Medical company as a key member of the Executive Management team, the Chief Financial Officer will report to the Managing Director and assume a strategic role in the overall management of the company. The CFO will have primary day-to-day responsibility for planning, implementing, managing and controlling all financial-related activities of the company.
This will include direct responsibility for accounting, finance, forecasting, strategic planning, job costing, legal, property management, deal analysis and negotiations, investor relationships and partnership compliance and private and institutional financing.
• Provides leadership in the development for the continuous evaluation of short and long-term strategic financial objectives.
• Ensure credibility of Finance group by providing timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial trends and forecasts.
• Take hands-on lead position of developing, implementing, and maintaining a comprehensive project costing system.
• Direct and oversee all aspects of the Finance & Accounting functions of the organization.
• Evaluates and advises on the impact of long range planning, introduction of new programs/ strategies and regulatory action.
• Establish and maintain strong relationships with senior executives so as to identify their needs and seek full range of business solutions.
• Provide executive management with advice on the financial implications of business activities.
• Manage processes for financial forecasting, budgets and consolidation and reporting to the Company
• Provide recommendations to strategically enhance financial performance and business opportunities.
• Ensure that effective internal controls are in place and ensure compliance with Saudi Arabian, state and local regulatory laws and rules for financial and tax reporting.
• Understand and mitigate key elements of the company's risk profile
• Monitor all open legal issues involving the company, and legal issues affecting the industry
• Maintain appropriate insurance coverage
• Report risk issues to the audit committee of the board of directors
• Maintain relations with external auditors and investigate their findings and recommendations
• Monitor cash balances and cash forecasts
• Maintain banking relationships
Qualifications and Requirements:
Ideally worked for a Medical company previously - The candidate chief financial officer should have a master's degree in accounting or business administration, or equivalent business experience and 10+ years of progressively responsible experience for a major company or division of a large corporation (healthcare or major distributor will be an advantage). Should have experience in partnering with an executive team, and have a high level of written and oral communication skills. Preference will be given to candidates with an MBA in Finance and the Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant designations
Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the organization and with staff at remote locations essential.
Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses.
High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation.
Other Skills & Abilities:
PC proficiency is essential (Windows environment) and strong working knowledge of SAP Financial modules and Excel is preferred.
About the Company
About the Company
Kobaltt MENA are leaders in recruitment across Technical, Construction, Property, Supply Chain & Logistics, Facilities Management, Sales & Marketing and Accounting & Finance Markets. We enjoy long established client relationships with an in-depth knowledge of the MENA and International Market, offering candidates reputable career prospects.
With established Middle East regional offices located in Abu Dhabi, Doha and Dubai, Kobaltt is providing a specialist range of permanent and contract recruitment services to the construction, property and engineering, Supply Chain & Logistics, Oil & Gas, accountancy and finance sectors.
Our team has over 25 years accumulative years of experience being based in the GCC with established client networks and candidate profiles.