Chief HR Assistant
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provides employees with information related to HR Policy application and answers all their questions regarding its implications on them.
Employee Records Management
• Maintain records of employees’ dependents, school records for education assistance purposes; ensures that all entries are accurate and schools are paid on time, as per invoices received; for employees whose education assistance entitlements are less than the amount being paid to the school, initiates deduction from employees salaries as appropriate; provide information to Finance department as appropriate.
• Register/ update/ cancel with AXA Insurance in Qatar; processes reimbursement of medical claims; checks invoices from QP Medical for accuracy and passes on to Finance Department indicating Cost Center Allocations; coordinates with Al Koot Insurance to receive AXA cards, cheques, etc.
• Assists in payroll administration; checks all entries to ensure that entries are correct and all employee claims/entitlements are accurate as per HR Policy; important areas include basic salary, approved allowances, overtime payments when applicable and as approved by the Overtime Review Committee, ensuring employee category is accurate, e.g. shift/non-shift employees and claims against applicable benefits entitlements.
• Processes all kinds of loan requests from employees; ensures that all necessary documentation and approvals are complete and is in line with the HR Policy; advises employees of loan approvals and finance department for payment.
• Prepares/compiles documentation for off-cycle payments to employees; payments include reimbursement claims including unaccompanied freight for mobilization/repatriation, once-off payments such as furniture allowance and mobile phone allowance for mobile device etc. Ensures that payment amounts are correct as per entitlements of employees according to HR policy and all required approvals have been received. In cases where process flows require involvement of other departments, coordinates with concerned personnel to ensure that payments are processed as per approved procedures and timing.
• Arranging First Arrival Departure Air tickets and Airfreight Movement from Doha/Point of Origin as per the HR Policy guidelines. Preparing approvals for such process from the HR Management. Assist employees’ with the same during Final Departure from ORYX GTL. Process invoices from air travel and airfreight agents with proper cost allocations.
• Actions new hires processes; receives files from recruitment, inputs employee information into SAP database, registers employees with AXA (Al Koot Insurance), prepares employment contracts, assists employees with opening of bank accounts for salary transfers and other financial transactions, arranges salary advances and reimbursement of claims, issues employee IDs, and conducts initial HR briefing as required.
• Creates and maintains employee personnel files on SAP database and hardcopy personnel records; important information includes assignment details and employee’s personal details; employee’s dependents details, records of employee’s educational qualifications, point of origin, permanent home address, passport and ID details, and other relevant information as deemed necessary;
• Processes all kinds of leave requests; ensures that all necessary documentation and approvals are complete and requests are in line with HR Policy; Maintain records of all leaves and absences from work; for leave requests that entail air tickets or whenever else employees or dependents are eligible for air fare.
• Processes employee termination; receives documentation, makes calculations for ESB entitlements, checks system for employees’ liabilities; prepares letters etc. for information to employees regarding their final settlement; inputs all such data and employees’ last working day information into the SAP Database; informs Finance Dept. for payments etc.
• Prepares all kinds of letters/memos/reports for internal and external correspondence; one important monthly report is the report containing details of Qatari employees pension deductions for Finance Dept. and the Pension Authority.
• Prepares probation evaluation forms on a monthly basis for new employees and sends to concerned line managers for evaluation feedback; receives filled reports and inputs into database; this process continues until employees are confirmed in their respective positions; upon confirmation of an employee, prepares confirmation letters, and sends letters to respective employees for their information; maintains copies of all such documentation in the employee personnel files.
• Assists in development of HR Admin. Forms; assists in preparing the section’s monthly report; provides input for the section’s budget preparation; and other section activities
• Participates in HR Administration projects as assigned; some regular projects assignments include end of year projects such as leave encashment, annual airfare settlement, and annual Furniture Maintenance Allowance payments, National Leave Bonus Payment, etc
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, & SKILLS:
• Completion of Secondary education is essential; Higher education, Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree will be an added advantage.
• Proficiency in English enabling independent correspondence is essential;
• Proficiency in Arabic is preferred.
• 5 – 7 years working experience.
• Minimum of three (3) years experience in an HR Administration department in the Oil & Gas industry, preferably in Qatar
Job Specific Skills
• Strong Knowledge of computer access systems and other electronic HR systems.
• Excellent command on the English language; strong ability to communicate orally and produce written reports.
• Must be computer literate and competent in Microsoft Word and Excel and must be able to work competently in data systems such as SAP.
• Must work successfully in a team environment.
• Having a Qatari Driving License will be an advantage
About the Company
Rising from the desert with great speed and efficiency is the gas to liquids production facility, ORYX GTL, a joint venture between Qatar Petroleum (51%) and Sasol of South Africa (49%). The first of a series of planned GTL production facilities that will deliver on the declared ambition of the State of Qatar to become the GTL capital of the world.