Chief Investment Officer – Private Equity
Position: Chief Investment Officer
Reporting to: Chairman and Investment Committee
Location: Dubai, UAE
Our client is newly formed Private Equity fund which has created by two established investors to create a proposed $1 billion dollar fund. On their behalf we are conducting a search to identify their CIO which is the key designation in determining its overall success.
The Chief Investment Officer (CIO) will report to the Chairman and Investment Committee of a proposed Agriculture Private Equity Fund based in Dubai (UAE) with a mandate to invest in Sudan and MENA region. The CIO will serve as the senior investment executive having an overall responsibility for the investments and strategy of the Fund.
The CIO will be responsible for the securing and managing the Investment pipeline, managing the investment program for the fund and playing an integral role in fund raising.
The successful candidate should have a proven track record in raising funds for a Private Equity Fund, significant experience of constructing and managing a balanced agriculture private equity portfolio and a track record in generating superior returns on Investments. Additionally, the successful candidate will bring significant relationships which can be leveraged to support fund raising.
Specific Job Responsibilities:
Executive Leadership and expertise in Investments
- Serve as the senior investment executive and an expert in all aspects of Investment and Portfolio Management for the Fund, from deal-flow to execution.
- Serve as a member of the Investment Committee and provide sound and fully supported recommendations and advice on the investment mandates.
- Proven track record in raising funds.
- Play a key role and be instrumental in providing leads to various appropriate investors (Developmental organisation / SWF’s) to support fund raising efforts.
- Develop and market the Fund’s mandate through various marketing efforts for a successful first & final closing of the fund.
Project deal flow and Investment Management
- Develop, evaluate and review deal-flow and project pipeline against investment strategy, risk budget and other investment criteria on an ongoing basis to ensure optimal and timely investment and performance.
- Perform and deliver financial, commercial, risk, tax and legal due diligences on the projects and recommend appropriate course of action.
- Assess and present performance of the Fund’s investment and measure against appropriate benchmarks.
Compliance, governance and staff development
- Ensure compliance of the Fund’s legal and compliance requirement with relevant authorities.
- Implement investment and risk management policies in line with the Fund’s mandate.
- Manage and develop team of investment management professionals.
- A qualified finance professional (CPA, ACA, MBA) with significant Finance experience at top management level
- 10 years minimum experience
- Operated in a similar position previously, preferably within the MENA region.
- Possess a high degree of inter-personal, analytical and communication skills and evaluative judgment, plus the ability to think laterally and adapt to changing circumstances in a dynamic environment.
About the Company
About the Company
Binding Partnerships is an exceptional provider of executive search and bespoke recruitment solutions.
With offices located in Dubai and Abu Dhabi we are perfectly positioned to service the growing needs of clients and candidates across the Middle East.
By working in partnership with both our clients and candidates, listening to their needs, researching and then offering confidential, practical and informed advice and solutions we are able to build long-term relationships with the professionals with whom we work.