Chief Operating Officer (COO)
CHALLENGING OPPORTUNITY IN BANGLADESH AS
CHIEF OPERATING OFFICER (COO)
STS Group Bangladesh is the owner of Apollo Hospitals, Dhaka, the International School Dhaka and the only DPS-STS School in Bangladesh; The Company is renowned for pioneering and defining the standards of health care and education sectors in the country.
Apollo Hospitals Dhaka is the only 'JCI Accredited' 450-bed multi-disciplinary super-specialty tertiary care hospital in Bangladesh, confidently providing comprehensive world class health care services with latest state of the art medical, surgical and diagnostic facilities, backed by expert medical professionals and a strong administrative team.
We are currently looking for Chief Operating Officer (COO) to help lead the hospital and be a part of a movement that actually takes quality healthcare to a billion lives.
The COO will drive results by unleashing creativity and accountability in a performance-oriented culture among a group of diverse and talented individuals. Your experience with other fast-growing high performance companies will help you craft efficient and effective systems for the entire organization for operations and administrative functions of the business and to render effective support for finance and human resources.
This job requires strong analytical and technical abilities and demands fast, but carefully thought-out results. Strong leadership and control of the work process from beginning to end is absolutely essential.
The job centers around developing new ideas and systems, and also analyzing and improving on old ones. A high level of expertise is expected and the ability to spot and correct errors is important. Work must be done right and quickly, while always focusing on accomplishing the goal and demanding the highest quality work from co-workers and subordinates.
Reporting to the Board and/or CEO, the COO will lead all internal operations and will have the following major responsibilities:
• Manage and direct company operations to meet budget and other financial goals;
• Develop, establish, and direct the execution of operating policies to support overall company objectives;
• Work in partnership with the management team and board of directors to create strategic plans plan and implement new processes and approaches to achieve these;
• Oversee all administrative functions, ensuring smooth daily operations;
• Oversee risk management and legal activities: client contracts, partnership agreements, leases, and other legal documents;
• Lead the performance management process of the senior management that measures and evaluates progress against well set out goals;
Must be MBA in a related subject (hospital management would be added advantage).
Must have a minimum of 8+ years of strong operational experience: ideally has worked in a senior management role for 5+ years in a similar organization/hospital;
Demonstrated experience in effective strategic planning and analysis and in developing and implementing systems to deliver the same;
Flexible and able to multi-task; can work within an ambiguous, fast-moving environment, while also driving toward clarity and solutions; demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities and guiding investment in people and systems.
Excellent people skills, with an ability to partner with a dynamic leadership team;
Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and commitment to the mission of Apollo Hospitals Dhaka;
In addition to attractive salary, the Project Director shall be provided with car, chauffer, free furnished apartment and other benefits as per company policy.
Please apply online.
About the Company
About the Company
STS Group Bangladesh is renowned for pioneering and defining the standards of healthcare and education sectors in the country.
STS Educational Group Limited is the owner Company of:
• International School, Dhaka, the only International Baccalaureate (IB) School in Bangladesh; and,
• DPSS-STS School in collaboration with Delhi Public School Society of India.
STS Holdings Limited is the owner Company of:
• Apollo Hospital, Dhaka the only Joint Commission International (JCI) accredited 450 bed Apollo hospital in Bangladesh.
Together these flagship ventures of the group employ a total of 1,960 professional and support staffs including 102 expatriate professionals and at various levels; 11 expatriate management professionals and 34 national management professionals.