Commercial Manager - Europe
Based in Europe and reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the jobholder will be responsible for developing and leading the Commercial Sales team in increasing Air Arabia Maroc’s market share and developing new opportunities within the European market.
• Leads the drive for sales for Air Arabia in the region.
• Oversees commercial and operational activities of Air Arabia in the region.
• Negotiates and acquires traffic rights and airport slots within the region.
• Develops and maintains relationships with government ministries, tourism departments, civil aviation and other government or semi-government agencies.
• Inspires and motivates General Sales Agents and others engaged in sales activities in the region to achieve outstanding sales performance. Initiates and drives sales campaigns for the region.
• Analyses sales performance for the region, providing feedback to the Head of Sales identifying areas for concern and take appropriate measures to address concerns.
• Monitors the performance of General Sales Agents and travel agents in the region, quickly identifying areas where sales targets are not being achieved, conducting analysis, determining the root cause and taking prompt corrective action.
• Identifies new opportunities for growth in terms of new routes, sales, new markets and agents in the region. In particular, identifying the unique needs of the region, this may be met by Air Arabia products and services. Produces recommendations based on cost/benefit analysis.
• Recruits and selects staff in new areas, helps establish the office and monitors its operation. Selects travel agents based on established criteria.
• Establishes and maintains excellent working relationships with Company Department Heads so as to ensure support, assistance and advice in managing financial, human resources, engineering, purchasing and IT issues for the region.
• Guides the Sales team in carrying out company objectives.
• Evaluates and analyses routes within his/her region to ensure its profitability.
• Assists supports and motivates the managers in his/her region to perform and exceed company expectations.
• Bachelor’s degree and some management experience, including several years as a sales manager.
• Previous experience in an airline industry particularly in sales or marketing field is desirable.
About the Company
Air Arabia is the Middle East and North Africas first and largest low cost carrier (LCC). We fly you to over 65 destinations spreading across the Middle East, North Africa, Asia and Europe. We offer you comfort, reliable and value for money air travel across our network and with our value preposition "Pay Less. Fly More", we help you to fly more often to more places!