To supervise and follow up on all tendering activities in line with the departmental policies and procedures in order to ensure that contracts are completed, finalised for awards and monitored subsequently.
Department Strategy Formulation
• As a senior member of the department team contributes to the formulation and implementation of the department’s strategy and plans as appropriate to the department’s needs and objectives
• Supervise the day-to-day operation of the unit, ensure that work processes are implemented as designed and comply with established standards and procedures, employees are motivated, understand what is expected of them and perform according to the designated standards.
• Supervise and follow up on the contracts process and its related activities whilst adhering to the Ministry of Industry and Energy’s policies to ensure an uninterrupted delivery of quality goods and / or services in a cost effective manner.
• Supervise and carry out the contracts process with service providers through the request for proposal developments or competition invitation documents, as need be, in order to remain abreast with Oryx GTL’s needs.
Management Reporting & Ad-hoc Project Representation
• Ensure ongoing reporting (including MIS) to superiors in order to keep them abreast with regard to contracts process – from a performance aspect - status, as requested.
• Support on demand Contracts related initiatives in order to ensure various ad-hoc requirements foreseen by Oryx GTL are met.
• Supervise and conduct necessary analysis (i.e. vendor cost / price proposal, best value analysis and lease / purchase analysis) in order to ensure alignment of contracts with Oryx GTL’s best interest.
• Supervise the preparation of evaluation reports based on various technical & financial submittals in order to provide the management with sound recommendations that facilitates their decision making process.
• Supervise and negotiate contract terms and the search, initiation of contact and short listing process of service providers to ensure an uninterrupted delivery of quality goods and / or services in a cost effective manner within the stipulated time lines and budget constraints.
Contracts Formulation & Vendor Performance
• Supervise and follow up on activities in relation to contract content certification approvals in order to safeguard Oryx GTL’s financials / assets and to ensure an accurate contract compilation to the concerned external party.
• Supervise the liaison of activities with the user department to evaluate appointed contractor / vendor performance in order to ensure Oryx GTL’s interests are safeguarded and contractualised terms are adhered by, respectively.
Closing out process
• Supervise the closing out process – in conjunction with the concerned function - in order to ensure that all required parameters are met.
• Establish and maintain relationship with prospective suppliers in order to obtain necessary clarifications and technical knowledge of goods and services offered so as to stay abreast of market conditions affecting Oryx GTL requirements or potential requirements.
Safety, Quality & Environment
• Ensure compliance to all relevant safety, quality and environmental management procedures and controls within a defined area of the Contracts activity to guarantee employee safety, legislative compliance, delivery of high quality products / services and a responsible environmental attitude.
• Budgeting & Cost Control
• Assist in managing the preparation of the unit budget using inputs from function heads and monitor financial performance versus the budget so that the business is aware of anticipated costs / revenues, areas of unsatisfactory performance are identified and potential performance improvement opportunities are capitalised upon.
Departmental Policies & Procedures
• Contribute to the development and implementation of department policies, procedures and controls covering all areas of Contracts department activity to ensure that all relevant procedural / legislative requirements are fulfilled while delivering a quality, cost-effective service to customers.
• Bachelor's in Engineering or Legal.
• Chartered Accountant is a plus.
• 5 – 7 years in handling contracts preferably in the Oil & Gas Sector.
• Tendering administration experience is a must.
About the Company
About the Company
Rising from the desert with great speed and efficiency is the gas to liquids production facility, ORYX GTL, a joint venture between Qatar Petroleum (51%) and Sasol of South Africa (49%). The first of a series of planned GTL production facilities that will deliver on the declared ambition of the State of Qatar to become the GTL capital of the world.